PDA

View Full Version : Funny looking worms in my tank WTF

Hearthemchainsdiscus
Mon Dec 18, 2006, 12:34 AM
Hello All,

Help please... I have recently moved my 75 gallon tank from my old house to my new one. I am in the process of cycling my tank before I move my discus and buy some new ones. I have noticed small wiggly worms in my tank. I noticed them after I added some swahala drift wood that I had orderd from Dr foster and smith. I soaked the wood for two weeks to leach out the acids before I added it to the tank, but I never boiled it. Do you think the worms came from the wood or from my tap water. Either way it's freekin me out! I'll try and take a pic of the worms and post them. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

seecuta
Mon Dec 18, 2006, 07:32 AM
if its pinhead sized worms about 5mm dw about it. itll just be planaria worms from overfeeding. otherwise will need a better description

Merrilyn
Mon Dec 18, 2006, 11:17 AM
Are the worms white or red?

Hearthemchainsdiscus
Mon Dec 18, 2006, 03:09 PM
They are white and the thickness of a strand of hair and are about 1/2" to an 1" long. They wiggle in the water like a side winder snake. I did a little research and I do not think they are planeria. They do not look like juvi planeria pics I've seen on the net. I did a 70% water change and added a dose of aquari - sol copper salts and they lil buggers are still my tank. I am contemplating boiling the drift wood, as it's the only source I can think of and I'll do another major water change. Any other clues on how to get rid of them? I hope to f@$k its not from my tap water.