PDA

View Full Version : Detrius

blackpantha
Fri Dec 15, 2006, 05:29 AM
I am getting a large amount of debris all over my 75gal tank, and I am sick and tired of gravel vacuuming and having water in the bucket black, and I have to spend 1 hour with my hand in the tank to get good gravel clean.

I wanted to know if their is a want to blow the debris to a corner of the tank so I can easily vacuum it all out. I have seen this idea but I am not to shore.

http://www.plecofanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21091&highlight=L204

I have seen this idea, will it work? Also I am thinking of adding another 10liters of gravel to my tank but don't want to add it on top of food or poo so it can decompose. I am considering tearing down the tank (which ill have to do sooner or later, move the filter to the guppy tank and just vacuum like their is no tomorrow.

Nathan
Fri Dec 15, 2006, 08:28 AM
well first of all, what filtration are u using?
how often do you do w/c?
how deep is your gravel?

i dnt seem to see any debris in any of the photos?

ive found sand difficult to clean, i have it in my cichlid tank and i can never get rid of all the poo, so i dnt really bother, i just do my normal w/c an get out as much poo as i can.

blackpantha
Fri Dec 15, 2006, 08:44 AM
I use the SERA 1100
I have a 3cm deep gravel bed.
I do water changes weekly or daily depending on time.

lesley
Sat Dec 16, 2006, 04:04 AM
I have my 6' tank set up with two canisters on either end - one outlet runs directing water along the back of the tank - I try and slope the flow so that it starts at the top and ends up near the bottom at the other end, and the other outlet directed down the side wall.

It seems to send a fair bit of detrius to one end of the tank and makes it much easier to clean, especially as I have large pieces of driftwood which are hard to vacuum under.

HTH