PDA

View Full Version : help, urgent!!

kswong34
Fri Dec 15, 2006, 02:25 AM
Hi,

need some advise here, my pigeon blood has swim flat and somwtime up side down. it seem like something is growing inside of her as both side is like "poping"outward.

any idea what is it and what should i do.

Many thanks in advance.

fishgeek
Fri Dec 15, 2006, 08:14 AM
abnormal bouyancy(you describe listing and pitching) or swimming will be either neurological or displacement of the swim bladder
in your case it sounds as though there maybe some swimbladder displacement

in correct terms the fish needs to be radiographed to get some more information
possibilties can include
*genetic malformation of swimbladder much more a goldfish issue, drainiage with a needle can give temporary relief
*excess gas in the gastrointestinal tract , can be associated with protozoa/spironucleus and so a feacal and metro may assist
bacterial git infection would require culture and testing for approriate ab
*edwardsiella can produce gas filled lesions in the fish's tissue , again is bacterial and may be ab responsive
*degenerative nervous disease may lead to abnormal pitch in the water is incoordination
*fluid accumulation in only some of the chambers of the swimbladder - most likely to lead to always having one side of the fish down ie head standing or whichever postion repeated

andrew
i guess that means ab's are about your best guess
metro and pencilin can be used together or prehaps other with more experience would comment on the use of octozin (i think this is often suggested for protozoan)

sammigold
Fri Dec 15, 2006, 01:37 PM
Hi You could try dosing with epsom salts at rate of 1 teapsoon per 40 litres. I have read here before that this can sometimes help with swim bladder problems...

good luck.

iro11a
Fri Dec 15, 2006, 11:57 PM
Any other signs of illness such as going darker in colour or cloudly eyes sore or white cotton like stuff hanging from there bodies?