PDA

View Full Version : BBC Amazon Abyss[Doco]

ellwa
Fri Dec 15, 2006, 01:45 AM
Wow!

I was tralling forums the otherday and found this little gem.

in the first 20 minutes, footage of Black Ghost Knives, Altifrons, Pirhanna, all sorts of catfash.

Looking for some discus shots, will keep you posted.

Perhaps I'll organise to get it onto DVD for you folks and post it around.

if you can get your hangs on it, its spectacular!

Mattzilla
Sat Dec 16, 2006, 10:39 AM
wow i'm on the look out to try to dwonload it

Mattzilla
Sat Dec 16, 2006, 10:41 AM
i have found it....anyone able to download using bit torrents? my pc is out of action and i can't

here is the link if you know how to use it

http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=BBC+Amazon+Abyss+

please let me know if anyone downloads it...might ask them to burn to disc and send it to me

cheers

bun
Sat Dec 16, 2006, 11:19 AM
Hey matt :) If you can wait about a week I can post you a copy on DVD. I gotta wait for my download limmit to refresh :lol:

nicholas76
Sat Dec 16, 2006, 11:38 PM
i just started downloading the torrent file now.

not many seeds its going to take awhile! i hope its as good as you guys make it out to be lol

fish_r
Sun Dec 17, 2006, 12:00 AM
i downloaded all 6 shows last night from torrent spy, they are great quality for a DVD rip.
i will post u a DVD if u want Mattzilla, watched one episode last night and it's very good :)

fish_r
Sun Dec 17, 2006, 12:08 AM
p.s. i'll keep uploading all files for a day or two @ 80k...

Mattzilla
Sun Dec 17, 2006, 02:18 AM
thanks fish_r

i just emailed you jy postage details

can't wait to see it!!!

matt

fish_r
Sun Dec 17, 2006, 03:19 AM
no probs Matt, got ur PM.
just converting it to DVD now, will get it away monday or tuesday.
just finished watching the 5 episodes and it's very good, but if ur dloading it just for discus i wouldnt bother as u only see a cpl of seconds of discus and there not clear...

Mattzilla
Sat Dec 23, 2006, 01:55 AM
recieved it a couple of days agoa dn watched it straight away...not a bad doco, thanks very much for sending it to me.

i have another doco that may interest people here... can't remember the exact name though... something like " the secret water garden of (some japanese place)"

it has heaps of beatutiful koi and some other cool fish....absolutley stunning cinematography as well!

let me know if anyone is interested in it and i'll dig it up and send it out

cheers
matt

fish_r
Sat Dec 23, 2006, 10:51 PM
glad u recieved it ok m8 :)
Mr Mattzilla lol............

Tunnel Rat
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 11:36 AM
Help I can not find disc 2 of 5 :(
Can anyone point me to it a link would be good :lol:

thx
Rat

fish_r
Mon Jan 08, 2007, 12:21 PM
here u go :) "not many seeders though"

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/923153/BBC_Amazon_Abyss_2of5_DVB_XviD_MP3_www_MVGroup_org

Tunnel Rat
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 11:58 AM
here u go :) "not many seeders though"

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/923153/BBC_Amazon_Abyss_2of5_DVB_XviD_MP3_www_MVGroup_org

Thanks but that link keeps coming back with The page cannot be displayed :(
Should I just keep on trying ?

thx
Rat

Tunnel Rat
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 12:09 PM
Just got it up now thx waiting for a connection :D

thx again

Rat

DiscusEden
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 12:58 PM
Just be careful Rat.

A friend of mine who works in IT told me that the laws have/are changing (unsure of date, but may have been New Year). It's unclear so far what the implications of the changes are, but all ISP's now have to track & keep records of torrents downloaded. I think it's something to do with American companies being able to prosecute Australians under American law, but I'm not sure. I'm holding off until I find out.

If you're after a copy but don't want to risk it, I'm happy to post you one.

DiscusEden

samir
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 01:12 PM
if you're worried about downloading torrents or if your ISP is throttling p2p, here is some info on bypassing it.

Azureus

azureus bit torrent

1. Go to: Tools > Options > Connection > Transport Encryption

2. Check the ‘require encrypted transport’ box.

3. Choose RC4 in the ‘minimum encryption’ dropdown box

note that RC4 uses more CPU time than the plain encryption or no encryption. It is however harder to identify for traffic shaping devices
4. You can choose to tick the ‘Allow non-encrypted outgoing connections if encrypted connection attempt fails’ box. This will ensure compatibility with clients that are not using encryption. However, it makes it easier for your ISP to detect BitTorrent traffic. I recommend that you try to tick this box first. If you are still not getting proper speeds untick it

5. Tick the ‘Allow non-encrypted incoming connections’ box

Bitcomet

bitcomet bit torrent

1. Go to: Options > Preferences > Advanced > Connection

2. Go to: ‘Protocol encryption’ You can choose between ‘auto detect’ and ‘always’. Auto detect will give you more connections but offers less protection against traffic shapers.

I would recommend to try auto detect first, if that doesn’t increase your speeds you need to switch to always

uTorrent

utorrent bit torrent

1. Go to: Options > Preferences > BitTorrent

2. Go to ‘Protocol encryption’, you can choose between ‘enabled’ and ‘forced’. ‘Enabled’ will give you more connections but offers less protection against traffic shapers.

I would recommend to try ‘enabled’ first, if that doesn’t increase your speeds you need to swich to ‘forced’.

3. Ticking ‘Allow legacy incoming connections’ allows non ecrypted clients to connect to you. This improves compatibility between clients but makes you more vulnerable to traffic shapers.

I would recommend to tick this box, but if that doesn’t increase your speeds, untick it!

fish_r
Tue Jan 09, 2007, 05:29 PM
if ur not worried about using torrents, try using "utorrent"
u will get much better speeds than Azureus and the program is much less glitchy.
they have been saying there going to ban torrents for mths now, they "RIAA" also tried to sue/shutdown" torrentspy and isohunt but to no avail...

fish_r
Sat Jan 13, 2007, 12:21 AM
MY ISP is advertising this too, so i dont think u have to worry too much about torrents "for now anyway"

IAdea Corporation, the Taiwan-based licensee of BitTorrent technology, and Star Semiconductor Corporation, an affiliate of the semiconductor giant UMC Group, jointly announces the availability of STR9810/20, the world's first BitTorrent-optimized microprocessor chip.

For those who have been living under a rock for the past few years, BitTorrent is a peer-assisted content delivery system, and although it isn't the most efficient delivery system, it has proved to require the least bandwidth for the host while giving the client the fastest download speed and becoming extemely popular because of this.

DiscusMad
Thu Jan 18, 2007, 12:02 PM
link is dead now

k0b0i
Fri Jan 19, 2007, 01:04 AM
recieved it a couple of days agoa dn watched it straight away...not a bad doco, thanks very much for sending it to me.

i have another doco that may interest people here... can't remember the exact name though... something like " the secret water garden of (some japanese place)"

it has heaps of beatutiful koi and some other cool fish....absolutley stunning cinematography as well!

let me know if anyone is interested in it and i'll dig it up and send it out

cheers
matt

Matt - could I get a copy of that?

Lemme know and i can pm u my details.

wickedglass
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 09:28 AM
there's some great footage on that doco, but the people are annoying as all get-out! there is also some mis-information on there ... see if you can pick it!

personally I'm not much for docos that hype things up artificially, and this doco seems to be one of those ... oh, please, save me from the drama and condense all the good stuff into one spectacular show instead of dragging it out for so long and making ... as they say ... "wine with water"!

anyway, it wasn't a complete loss to download, as I said, some of the shots are great!

Tunnel Rat
Sun Jan 21, 2007, 11:38 AM
there's some great footage on that doco, but the people are annoying as all get-out! there is also some mis-information on there ... see if you can pick it!

personally I'm not much for docos that hype things up artificially, and this doco seems to be one of those ... oh, please, save me from the drama and condense all the good stuff into one spectacular show instead of dragging it out for so long and making ... as they say ... "wine with water"!

anyway, it wasn't a complete loss to download, as I said, some of the shots are great!

HA :lol:
So it was not just me who did not rate this doco I felt like bit-ch slapping the hole lot of them.
It could have been a hole lot better with out the hype 3/10

Rat

Waldo
Mon Jan 22, 2007, 05:44 PM
Something you should know about the film is it does have a lot of inacurate information. The goal of the film I thought was disapointing, the cat while rare yes should have not been the focus of the film. Rather that many enthusiasts and ichthyologists should have provided a narated informational video.

A perfect example is when they identified ceptopsis coecutiens it was infact a different sp.

I would suggest watching the video as entertainment but not don't come to definate conclusions just from that film.

DiscusMad
Tue Jan 23, 2007, 11:38 AM
hey guys isn't that the reason for a mute button????

most of the doco's I watch are on mute because the presenter to sooo boring or anoying!

Tunnel Rat
Wed Jan 24, 2007, 12:23 PM
hey guys isn't that the reason for a mute button????

most of the doco's I watch are on mute because the presenter to sooo boring or anoying!

Good idea maybe with my headphones on and wolfmother pumping :lol:

Rat

k0b0i
Tue Feb 06, 2007, 02:01 AM
Matt - thanks for the DVD(s)

:)