PDA

View Full Version : discus tank pics red turks

tlambert
Wed Dec 13, 2006, 09:09 AM
finally took the plunge into discus again today bought two red turks heres some pics see how these go and will probably convert my six foot into a discus tank to

this is a 70 litre half round tank and only has the two red turks and two briselnoses in there

let me know what you think :wink:

scott bowler
Wed Dec 13, 2006, 09:16 AM
nice looking little red turks they look very purky thats a good thing keep us posted on how they go , good luck with it all

mcloughlin2
Wed Dec 13, 2006, 09:27 AM
Wow good quality RT there.

I heard that most discus in adelaide are not the best quality but i see there are some very nice ones. :wink:

Goodluck.

tlambert
Wed Dec 13, 2006, 09:30 AM
yeah and cost me basically nothing traded in a couple of electric yellows and only paid $10 for both of them so im all :D :D :D :D :D

tlambert
Wed Dec 13, 2006, 12:55 PM
i have to say they look alot better now there bars are gone i assume they only had them because they were a little stressed about the move but now there settling in they look great will get a photo up in the next couple of days

samir
Wed Dec 13, 2006, 02:04 PM
looks like you got some from the better half of the spawn. tank looks awesome. do keep us all updated with regular pics :wink:

tlambert
Wed Dec 13, 2006, 02:09 PM
believe it or not that tank was a cichlid tank it had two electric blues and an electric yellow in it with all those plants (and they weren't small i had it running for about 7 months) and say say you cant have plants with cichlids before converting it to the discus tank all i did was level the sand back out as one of them decided to dig a hole, and catch the fish. But now i will be getting rid of the rocks for a nice piece of drift wood as i think the discus will like the wood more

fish_r
Wed Dec 13, 2006, 02:20 PM
very nice looking fish Tyrone :)
he has good healthy quality fish from that shop :wink:

tlambert
Wed Jan 10, 2007, 11:08 AM
replanted the tank today after i put a new globe in the tank the other day and killed my big sword plants leaves went yellow and see through so i guess they got burnt anyway heres some pics i will be spreading the plants out one day but didn't feel like it today :wink: