PDA

View Full Version : New Discus beening a pest!

iro11a
Tue Dec 12, 2006, 09:16 AM
i had 4 discus before i got this red malbro discus i brought it 4 days ago it hasnt been interested in food since i got it and it has moved up the top of the pecking order above my white swan who has run the show with the other 3 the red malbro will chase every discus no matter where they are in the tank and sometimes it will hide under the filter.All my discus are pecking at one an other but ever since this fish has come into the tank they all seem to be doing it alot more what is the best way to solve this problem i wanna keep all my discus still,help please thank you!

scott bowler
Tue Dec 12, 2006, 10:31 AM
hi iro11a first of all welcome you have come to the right place for help so have fun and learn with us , ok as for your fish give it a few more days there are 4 fish and they as working out who is boss as for the eating there is no need to worry yet it is still setteling in i think it will all be ok keep us posted scott

iro11a
Tue Dec 12, 2006, 10:38 AM
Yeah alot of the aquariums told me i would need over 4 to stop them from pecking each other but hasnt really stopped yet and i had 3 of them for nearly a month already, i think the poor white swan is worried that all these other discus have come into he's home he don't like it very much