Hi, I'm New Here!

about to become a discus owner :)

So I am buying a proven pair of discus tomorrow and would just like to post some pictures of them along with some questions
    I would like to know what strain you believe they are? I notice that the female has vertical stripes whereas the males are horizontal. Their current owner tells me they are 'tiger discus' although thats not a strain right?... blue turqs? something else?
    also, I have never owned discus before, but was told by a friend in the hobby that I could save myself some heartache by buying fully grown domestic strains raised in tap water if possible. So I've decided to go this route rather than buying 10 5cm babies. I have a tank cycled that used to house apistos with a ph of 6.2 ready to go and even purchased an ro unit for water changes since the ph out of the tap here is about 8 D:
    these guys are being air freighted from melbourne to queensland, just wondering how discus travel? kinda having nightmares about them being dead on arrival.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails discus 3.jpg   discus 2.jpg   discus 1.jpg  

Hi, I'm New Here!
    if you haven't already brought these guys, goto facebook and lookup the Gold Coast Discus, - you can buy quality discus at a good price - highly recommended

There a nice pair, can I ask what you paid for them?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I paid $400
    First night in the tank and the female is doing this little dance towards her boyfriend then he does this head nod thing, so flipping cute!
    I also noticed them flicking their pectoral fins, which I didnt think was so cute.. Dosed the tank with Kusuri today, hopefully I've got it before its a problem!

Wrigglers
    Nice fish at a good price. They look like tiger turks. You have absolutely done the best thing if you are new to discus by getting adults and a proven pair. Flicking is fine, it is rubbing against objects called 'flashing' that will indicate a problem.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Tiger Turks hey cool, thanks. You wouldnt believe how many people have told me im silly because "you could buy like 10 for that price!" haha, but I would hate to have a bunch of stunted, sick or dead juvies due to my lack of experience. Thankyou! Thats great to know the flicking is fine they are so different from other fish I have that pretty much everything they do stresses me out.