San Merah Discus

Saddened to see it.

It's MAC here and I haven't been around for quite some years but thought about Merrilyn today (Lady Red) for some reason so I've dropped in to see how her favourite place was going. It's sad to see to be honest, this place used to be hustling and bustling with posts, answers, questions and on a 15 minute basis years ago so what happened? Some of the last posts were months if not years ago, good grief! Good breeders come and go, good keepers come and go but this place always attracted new people so it was self perpetuating. Have people stopped breeding, keeping Discus? Genuine question, I've not been involved in the industry for 10 years and I'd love to know. This forum, whilst I knew it well, was without doubt the best place ever for so many reasons. I'm considering getting back in to breeding over the next couple of years so if I do I'll see if I can liven the place up a bit if it's still here.

Cheers
    MAC

San Merah Discus

Just for the memories.......

A few old pics I've just found on my old set up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10400131_87828701233_4742165_n.jpg   10400131_87828676233_2147139_n.jpg   10400131_87828681233_6134845_n.jpg   10400131_87828686233_1344422_n.jpg  

Hi Mac,

That is a nice setup you had. Have to agree that the forum has been slow over the last couple of years. Much like most forums on the internet a lot of people gravitated to Facebook, but we have kept the site running so it is searchable for people. Lots of great information.

Jason

San Merah Discus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Hi Mac,

That is a nice setup you had. Have to agree that the forum has been slow over the last couple of years. Much like most forums on the internet a lot of people gravitated to Facebook, but we have kept the site running so it is searchable for people. Lots of great information.

Jason
    Thanks Jason, we'll see what the next year or so brings but it looks like we're getting some top Asian stock in Australia these days. I agree with the forums, I haven't visited it but heard the other day that even Simply Discus has gone the same way which I find incredible. Yes, please keep this place going, you simply cannot buy the experience and information on this site. Do you know if Rod Lewis is still involved in Discus?

Cheers
    MAC

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistakes r crucial View Post
    It's MAC here and I haven't been around for quite some years but thought about Merrilyn today (Lady Red) for some reason so I've dropped in to see how her favourite place was going. It's sad to see to be honest, this place used to be hustling and bustling with posts, answers, questions and on a 15 minute basis years ago so what happened? Some of the last posts were months if not years ago, good grief! Good breeders come and go, good keepers come and go but this place always attracted new people so it was self perpetuating. Have people stopped breeding, keeping Discus? Genuine question, I've not been involved in the industry for 10 years and I'd love to know. This forum, whilst I knew it well, was without doubt the best place ever for so many reasons. I'm considering getting back in to breeding over the next couple of years so if I do I'll see if I can liven the place up a bit if it's still here.

Cheers
    MAC
    It's good you are back to the forum, perhaps you could help revive it.