Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mistakes r crucial
    Nice bunch of female RGD's there Forest, you'll see a couple of the creators males on this forum very soon.
    MAC
    just a couple of questions for you regarding getting males. i've heard that red melons are 99% female. have you had any experience of that kind ?? i think i've got two red melon pairs from 4 fish. one is confirmed. the males seem to have slightly less red in the middle. am i just lucky or is the 99% female theory wrong ???

Tiny Fry
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest
    hi mac,
    it seems like u know about the RGD very well.hope u can put up some pic in this threadto share as well.thx

forrest.
    I would like to see that too.
    Mario

Hi Samir,
    Regarding the issue of 99% of red melons from a spawn are female that's wrong, you are right regarding the females are redder than the males.
    Mario

San Merah Discus
    I don't know about Red Melons but I have been told by a very reliable source that 99% of Gold Leopards and Solid Reds are female. The reason I believe that is because out of 20 fish I have they are all female, every single one of them. The pics will be posted today as soon as I have resized them.
    MAC

San Merah Discus
    This is one of 2 RGD males I bought recently to pair with Solid Red females. I am told they are from the source of the RGD.
    MAC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rgd5.jpg   rgd_male_4.jpg  

Tiny Fry
    Sorry old buddy, what you posted is a golden diamond and not a red golden diamond. That's what an RGD look like.
    Mario

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pictures_027.jpg   pictures_011_123.jpg  

San Merah Discus
    So tell me, how do you create a RGD? Might it be one of those I've posted crossed with one of these. I spose 2 out of 3 aint bad lol, I got the
    Gold Diamond bit right.
    MAC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails solid_reds_176.gif   solid_reds_176.gif  

Blue Diamond Discus
    Wow they are beautiful Mac. Lovely shape

marg.
    "True Friends are like Blue Diamonds, so Brilliant, Precious and Rare - Protect them while you can"

San Merah Discus
    Thanks Marg, they're a very nice fish.
    MAC

Just an Egg
    hi mac,
    u have nice fishes there.
    those u posted on the 1st n 2nd pic r the same fish,it is not a RGD.it could be a golden,maybe with pigeon gene.3 rd pic for sure they r not RGD,they r melon.they could be lot of nice fishes from the outcome of offsprings but im sorry that i ve to tell, u will get none RGD with those fishes.
    last thing i ve to say,u ve some nice melon,great job u ve done.

rgds,
    forrest.

Tiny Fry
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest
    hi mac,
    u have nice fishes there.
    those u posted on the 1st n 2nd pic r the same fish,it is not a RGD.it could be a golden,maybe with pigeon gene.3 rd pic for sure they r not RGD,they r melon.they could be lot of nice fishes from the outcome of offsprings but im sorry that i ve to tell, u will get none RGD with those fishes.
    last thing i ve to say,u ve some nice melon,great job u ve done.

rgds,
    forrest.
    The pictures of the other fish are red melons.
    Mario