Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: fry pictures

still going strong, fingers crossed .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails day6.jpg  

Blue Diamond Discus
    They look great Samir, I'm really thrilled for you .

Marg.
    "True Friends are like Blue Diamonds, so Brilliant, Precious and Rare - Protect them while you can"

thanx Marg . one week up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails day7b.jpg   day7a.jpg  

Hi Samir,

Great pics mate ! those fry look like they are doing great ... please keep posting update pics. Best of luck with the fry !

Cheers,

Dee

thanks D, its wierd i just got them a couple of months ago, they paired up and were taking over the tank so i moved them and they spawned the next day, then they got fin rot so i put them in a seperate tank with tetracycline and they spawned the next day, this was the third spawn on the 8th day of the tetracyline dose, so i changed the water and let them be and this is what they came up with. i paid 80 each for the first 2 bd's and 40 each for these two as they were in a very bad state(jet black) and i felt that if i dont buy them i'd be responsible for their deaths,so i did and this is how they repay me, by giving me an extra two month heavy water change routine.

Heya Samir,

That's a great story mate ... well done great job on getting these guys back up to scratch. I was going to say they look like (from the pics) a young pair, which is another added bonus Mind if I ask how old they are ? they look around 10-12 months IMO ... judging by the pectral fins.

Best of luck with them

Cheers,

Dee

i have absolutely no idea.they do have pretty big eyes for their size. i was told about 10 months when i got them but it seems odd for a 12 month old pair to get everything right on just the third attempt and have so many wrigglers. maybe they just have good parenting genes. i would have been happy with 30 fry. so many is going to be a big problem later as i dont have any space.

dude they look awesome! those are some great fish and would make great fosters too if you had another pair that wasnt getting it right keep up the excellent work your going to be very popular down your way when they are ready to sell
    DF.com Resident Cool Guy

Hiya Samir,

Yeah it can be surprising at times how proficient young pairs can be, I guess it's up to the individual pairs. I have had pairs that take for ever and ever to get a spawn and still dont get it right Then there was my little Albino pair that spawned at 6 months old and produced wrigglers , which didnt attatch But yeah just goes to show ya that all pairs are different in their own way.

Keep up the good work mate, that's a great number of fry you got there

Cheers,

Dee

Just an Egg
    Top stuff Samir
    If my pair that have just spawned get that many free swimmers i'll be stoked

cheers andrew