Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blue Diamond Discus

move

iv just moved six tanks at once i know how you feel
    but that tank rocks mate

I wish I only had 6 tanks to move...

4 are in the process of being set up (including the one in the photos), 1 has to be moved as is (350L corner tank which is empty), then 5 tanks need to be striped down and relocated (ranging from 250L to 800L)

San Merah Discus
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus
    For those wondering what the small black disk is in the right end base panel, that is the airline control module.
    I thought thats your return hole from the sump back to the tank ??

Free Swimmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus
    Mark, as for the head butting, that is his way of saying G'Day... If he doesnt like you he curls his body up near the surface then gives you the flick... basically a 2ft wall of fish creating a mini tidal wave (he only does that when he doesnt get enough Banana or Lychee for dinner).
    Phew, that's a load off my mind !!

Cheers,

Mark

Blue Diamond Discus

moving

the pain we go through for our fish lol

Blue Diamond Discus
    It's called a Labour of Love , and Proteus sure Loves 'em!!

Marg.
    "True Friends are like Blue Diamonds, so Brilliant, Precious and Rare - Protect them while you can"

Here are some close ups of the air control gear.

Below the base are 2 control knobs to either close a specific air outlet, or increase the flow, plus a one way valve just in case.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscn0001__medium_.jpg   dscn0002__medium_.jpg  

Larvae
    Very nice and tidy, but I personally wouldn't drill a tank just for air. Although none of my tanks have had holes drilled so I guess that's saying something itself

The advantage of doing this, is down the track when I want to convert this to an ADA planted tank I can have C02 running through the same device. (the Bala Sharks that are going into that tank to start off with will be going into a bigger tank in about 1 year)

Aside from the weir/overflow in the rear left corner, there will be no equipment visible at all, even down to airlines. This has been set up specifically as a display tank.

Return standpipe has been put in place as well as a length of 25mm pvc pipe draining directly to the first sump compartment.

Only 30% of the media is in place, the rest will be added the day the fish are introduced as it is currently in use in another sump filter. The 25mm pipe has deliberatly been placed below the water level to minimise noise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscn0005__medium__668.jpg   dscn0003__medium_.jpg