View Poll Results: how would you rate my aquarium NOW from 1 to 10? and what improvements should i make?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll

22 39.29%

4 7.14%

7 12.50%

13 23.21%

4 7.14%

6 10.71%
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Tiny Fry

pls rate my tank one more time ..other thread deleted

ok, i should have waited till i trimmed plants and added background to do the poll, now it looks so much better, so i really want to see how people rate it... pls vote for it now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 125gwith_discus_june14.jpg  
    if you love your fish: do not over crowd

rytis didnt you get enough positive comments fomr the other thread? why do you need on a scale of 1 to 10? everyone who saw your tank said they loved it give or take...
    DF.com Resident Cool Guy

SnakeSkin Discus
    *cough attention seeker cough*

You should definitely get more discus in there, you have at least 6 in there, i reckon looks boring with only 2 discus, whats the point in a big fish tank if theres basicaly no fish in there?
    Nathan

Tiny Fry
    i reckon it looks awesome. only thing is there is not enough discus there. put in a few red or gold ones to contrast the green

Free Swimmer
    G'day Rytis,

I think if you could grow some of your plants taller in one area to create a shade area, and get rid of the column tier doover thingy you got ( please don't take offense just my opinion ) in there.

That would force my hand in giving you at least an 8.

You know how to grow plants so that won't take long to get some hygro going strong and providing shade.

Also it's summer your way so you can get your arms wet and do the credit card thing I mentioned before, won't take your more than 5 minutes mate.

If you can get a nice section along the back of the Rotalla which you are a champ at growing to create an effect of real plants being the whole backing of the tank, that would look the bee's knees mate.

All up it won't take you more than 3-4 weeks to do that.

I would then feel more than compelled to give you a 9 out of 10.

I don't believe a perfect 10 exists mate, so a 9 would be the highest in my opinion.

I will hold off my vote in your poll for 3 weeks.

At the end of the day it's your tank, but you have asked for input so thats mine.

Once you get the plants more filled out and the more natural look, if you decide to take my advise ( may not be the best lol ), take the time for your pair to come out in the foreground just off center from the middle of the tank and take a few pic's.

Can't wait to see how things progress in your tank over the next few weeks.

Cheers,

Mark

Great tank mate.

If only i could give you a pat on the back.

Tiny Fry
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan
    *cough attention seeker cough*

You should definitely get more discus in there, you have at least 6 in there, i reckon looks boring with only 2 discus, whats the point in a big fish tank if theres basicaly no fish in there?
    *cough jealouseguy cough*

so 7 people think my tank is totaly ogly? hmmm ok
    if you love your fish: do not over crowd

SnakeSkin Discus
    i think it looks really nice
    although as mentioned i would remove the column thingy, but i like a natural looking tank so thats just me.
    and i recon a black background would look sweet as it would bring out the colours in ur plants. i dont think u need a planted background in a planted tank, just grow ur plants to make a background, which obviously u know how to do well

SnakeSkin Discus
    I think those 7 people are some of the people you have p*ssed off rytis...

Medium Discus
    Put Some yellow or white discus in there and the inside of the Tank will look sensational, Over all Very nice.