Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just an Egg
    How long ago did you do your last water change?
    How is your discus looking now after the last water change?
    I am only worried about stressing your fish even more with another water change so soon.
    Were your discus previously living in a tank with that much salt? If so, the salt may not be the problem.
    You may want to increase your temp to 28 aswell. Discus prefer the warmer water.
    You tap water should be soft enough without doing anything to it and your Ph seems to be fine at 7.2. Discus would prefer a Ph around 6.5, but can comfortably live in 7.2.

Just an Egg
    last water change would be about an hour ago

he or she is not looking real sharp put my hand in to see if itt would move to no avail still breathing but just its weird because if anything the other 2 seem really good (touch wood) to the point where there inquizative when i went up to the tank to check n the other

the tank they came from wasnt to start with but i had done about three water changes introducing it over say the last 2 months

i have put a heater in to bring up to 28 degrees

so when making up my next change water for them just tap water with the the normal tap water conditioner and thats all ???

are you saying you did 3 water changes in two months ???

Just an Egg
    probaly closer to 6 weeks i said 2 months just in case my internal calender was out a bit as having, a now 4 week old baby in the house will do to even the toughest of us, but around that. The tank they where originally in was a 4ft Aquaone tank which was planted out reasonably well and they only got fed every2-3 days and there was only them and 1 angelfish and a couple of bristlenose in there
    not sure if your familiar with these tanks but they have a big biological filter built on to the back of them

cheers Cal

PS sorry if my posts are not reading the best im doing what i can but fatigue is setting in

Just an Egg
    Its a shame this is happening now whilst the experts in this area are all sleeping.
    I can only make suggestions but please note that I am not an expert.
    I would do another water change now, using tap water only and your water ager and conditioner. When putting the water in, make it really slow as your fish are probably really stressed at the moment.
    If you can not do this now, do it first thing in the morning.
    I too am getting sleepy, so good luck and I will check in with you when I wake.
    Heidi
    p.s. welcome to the forum and congrats on your new baby.

Just an Egg
    think ill leave till morning on the basis my tap water will be to cold and i wont be able to heat if quick enuff and as u say it may just stress them more plus i too is just a little sleepy thanx for all your help and advice very much appreciated and ill let u know how well or bad it goes in the morning

cheers Cal

PS thanx for the congrats on both topics

Just an Egg
    have been out to check on patient still alive but still lying on its side on the bottom of the tank is there anything else i can do besides a water change

cheers Cal

Just an Egg
    Morning Cal
    Have you done the water change yet?, If so, how long ago and how much? and is your patient looking better or still the same?

In order for the more experienced forum members to assist you, they are really going to need these water parameters:
    Ammonia
    Nitrite
    Nitrate
    Gh
    Kh
    I would suggest a visit to your LFS to buy these tests, or take a sample of your water down there and get them to test it for you.
    Sorry I can not be more help to you at the moment.
    Heidi

Just an Egg
    no change in condition just about to do water change been waiting for the water to warm up, im going to go off and get the water tested asap

once again thanx for the help last night

cheers Cal

Just an Egg
    i have taken the discus out and put him in a bucket of the water he was in ,in the tank and will slowly do water changes through the day to bring him back to the level where it should be

the other 2 discus are still doing fine
    before i placed them in this tank 2 had paired up and successful hatched some eggs but the fry didnt last hence the moe into a tank of there own but i wasnt able to discern out of the three the 2 that had paired off so i put them all out im wondering if the pair are the happy 2 and they gave the other guy a bit of a flogging???

does this sound plausible any body who has more experince let me know what they think please all help much appreciated

Cheers Cal