Just an Egg

Discus gone off!

Hi all

I have no idea what has happened to my 3 little guys. They seem to have gone off. One of them (bruni) went all weird on me and i assumed straight away that is was intestinal worms as he seems to be very prone to them, he is a pigeon blood BTW, but then he started to itch on everything so on advise from my LFS i hit him with a product called para-cide, thinking it was gill flukes but he showed no signs of them both gills where going at the same rate but he was spitting out his food he hasnt eaten for prob about 4 or so days but he must be pecking cos he is now pooping normal as for before it was white and there where white floaties passing by all the time. Now i dont know if the other 2 have gone out in sympathy or what but they arent eating either, they swim to me like they are hungry and gunna eat but then they swim away like little children that dont wanna eat there dinner! i just dont know what to do now, hit him with metro or what.

Advice appreciated

BTW: established tank running for 10months
    PH: 6.8
    Ammonia: 0
    Nitrate: spot on

Just an Egg
    C'mon on ppl!!!

Should i hit them with a double dose of metro or not.

What do you all think???

San Merah Discus
    Well, u've done paracide which I suppose active ingredient is praziquantel (for flukes... gill and skin, it's not always on the gills). If they're not eating, do a water change and dose them with metro.

Just an Egg
    Thanks Kevkoi!

Medium Discus

fish

Simone

You also need to run a course of levamisole.

Prazi will only kill off one set of worms, you need levamisole to get rid of the other (more common) types of worms.

Sold as sykes Big L.

PM me if you want to know where I bought it.

G