Thread: Sick fish

Just an Egg

Sick fish

I have a 55 gallon with 6 discus (all juveniles). Just went through a Levamisol bath (the whole tank). Treated with Metronidazole about 3 weks ago before finding out about the Levamisol. All fish are doing great except 1 . His fins are ragged looking. No bits out of the fins, no eye pop or cloudieness, breathing normal,,, nothing else?????

His fins are ragged, he floats around like a bobber (pretty much stays upright with a tumble here and there), a couple other fish nip at his body leisurely???? He's not eating.

Any ideas??? Thank you for your help and I'm anticipating your response.
    Mark

Medium Discus

fish

Mark

You need to use activated carbon to remove any remaining meds in the water first of all.

Then conduct a 30% w/c to freshen things up.

Then perform a long salt bath with 1 tablespoon of ROCK salt (i.e non-iodised) per 40L (10g if you are in america).

This should perk the little fella up enough to get eating

G

Just an Egg
    What up "G". (That's American slang )

Thank you for the feed back!!! We'll perform the above recommedations.
    Mark

Just an Egg
    I did the above "G". We'll see what happens.

O.K.,,, A little embarresed to mention this,,, the above described, sick fish, is missing. A 55 gallon tank???? I can't find it??? I looked before, after and during the water change and could not find it??? I even had my wife look. We even looked outside the tank even though I don't know how that would be possible with the cover I have???

I'll be taking apart the tank tomorrow if I can't find him/her?? Wish me luck.

Let's see you come up with a solution for this one LadyRed
    Mark