Wrigglers

Discus hiding and not eating

Hello

My blue turk discus has stopped eating - its been about 2 days. The other 4 are fine and eating like pigs! He is also hiding in the plants and not attempting to eat at all now - he was always the first to the food.

He is looking healthy - no flicking - breathing normally - but has his black bars on and his fins are a bit clamped.

I did notice that he was picking at the algae on the exposed roots of my plants and wood.

Temp 30
    PH 6.5

Please, any ideas?

DEL

How big is he Del, compared to the other fish in the tank, and how long have you had him.

Any new introductions to the tank recently, of fish or plants, and have you checked your ammonia and nitrite readings.

He could just be feeling a bit off colour, but it may also be something more, so keep an eye on him, especially the colour of his droppings.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Wrigglers

Discus Hiding not Eating

How big is he Del, compared to the other fish in the tank, and how long have you had him.
    He is about 10cms. He has two bigger than him and two smaller than him. I have had him for about 10 months along with the other three originals all from SLS.

Any new introductions to the tank recently, of fish or plants, and have you checked your ammonia and nitrite readings.
    I added the largest of my discus (about 15cms) 11 weeks ago bought from a forum member and the smallest (at about 8cms) 5 weeks bought from SLS. No I didn't quarantine them... Ammonia is 0 and I do not have a Nitrite test...

He could just be feeling a bit off colour, but it may also be something more, so keep an eye on him, especially the colour of his droppings.
    I haven't seen his droppings as he is not eating...

Two things that I suspect is that he and the smallest little one , are getting a bit bullied by the larger three so he could be stressed - but he has always held his own in the past and fought back. The other thing is that his friend died about 6 weeks ago (suspected hex) and he could have early stages of that or else in mourning...

I just don't know what to do because he is usually such a lively fish and a great eater.

Should I worm them all - do you think it could be that...?