Just an Egg

Piperazine concentration in Discus tank

Does anyone know the proper concentration of Piperazine to use as a bath in a 100gal tank? If no one knows, there is another way that I can get the answer:

Aquatronics makes a product called Pipzine. Does anyone have this handy where they can read the label? What is the pill size (mg) and how many gallons does each pill treat?
    Thanks, Kevin.

Larvae
    Pipzine is in a capsule form, which you open and dump powder into "tank" (bucket to pre-mix?). It's a 250 mg dose which treats 10 gallons (~40 l)of water. Reading instructions on package.... Recomended dosage is 1 treatement every other day, for 3 treatements (5 days). It can also be used as a food additive - 1 capsule (250 mg.) to 1.5 oz (42.5 grams) of food. Food can be stored for up to 10 days in fridge.

There's 10 capsules per package...

HTH

Just an Egg

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it !

The piperazine liquid that I bought from the pet store has a concentration of 17 grams per 100ml of liquid.

With the pipzine dosage of 250mg per 10 gal, that would be 2.5 grams added to a 100 gal tank.

To get the dosage of 2.5 grams using my piperazine liquid, I added 14.7ml to my 100 gal tank.

Thank you very much for the reply, I will post an update on their progress in a few days.

Kevin.

Kevin,

You need to make sure the liquid forum contains NO
    glucose.

Piperazine is best used in the food.

500 mg per 100 grams of feed mixed well.

Feed once per day for 6 days.

Ben