Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    San Merah Discus
    Andrie, I had the same problem. I figured out that the problem was because no one was home during the day. And they get scared of people because of that.

Turn on the light longer if possible, perhaps from morning like 7am.

I did this before, and all my discus went back to normal. They approach to the front whenever someone stand close to the tank. At that time, I put the light on for 18hours a day.

HTH

Larvae
    Hi V,

will do that ... i think that might be the cause too ... was thinking to buy helium gas baloon and tied it somewhere close to aquariums so that they think that there's always people watching over them ... hahahah

SnakeSkin Discus
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishbone
    was thinking to buy helium gas baloon and tied it somewhere close to aquariums so that they think that there's always people watching over them ... hahahah
    LOL!!!!

That is a cute idea!!!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your 3 discus ... did they show any signs of any disease or anything on them?
    sammi

Check out my music at MYSPACE: http://www.myspace.com/samanthadevos

Wrigglers
    Dr. V suggestion is good.

Put a tube above the tank 24 hours a day and in no time, they will be normal.

The 3 that died may be of other reasons...and you did not mention the size of your discus, did you?

So long as they do not look sickly or dark and slimmy, there should be ample time to try out the lighting.

Take care,
    Andrew
    'Discus, Problems and Solutions'
    'Discus, The Naked Truth'
    Author
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...e.php?ref=home

San Merah Discus
    But remember, it will take some time. Maybe a week before they go back normal.

Good luck.

Larvae
    they all look healthy just seem to be extremely scared ...
    yesterday lost another 2 more when i get back from work ...

now only left 3 of them ... and after i did water change .. they haven't done much mad swimming ...

so far, they are all look fine but still didn't take any food yet ...

the size of my discus are all about 12cm from head to tail ... and now the one left is one about 12 cm and the other two is about 10 cm

Thanks Andrew and V, for all your advices ...

cheers

Catfishbone, how long have you had these discus, and where did the angels come from. Are they recent purchases.

This is much more than just fish being scared.

I've had first hand experience with angels passing on disease to discus, and as a result, losing a tank of discus.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Larvae
    Hi LR ...

Had this discus for a while now ... some of them i had it for abt 4 months now ... and another 3 of them about a month ago ...

They all have been living with one of my angel that i bought together with my discus which is abt 4 months ago as well and they all have been living peacefully.

then out of the blue, the old angel gone kaput .... leaving me with 2 small angels and discus ... and starting from that time then they are all gone mad ... and when i clean my tank, can see all their scales everywhere

Now I left with 3 discus and they are all seem to be fine but still hiding and didn't take any food ... so i keep on sucking the left over food ...

the small angels i bought it from another LFS and i put it in another aquarium before i put it together with my discus ...

do you think what happened with my discus is because of those angels ?

cheers,

Andrie

I'm starting to think so Andrie. Can you get hold of some metro tablets. I think it's time to medicate with some antibiotics. This has gone too far, and you don't want to lose any more fish.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Larvae
    Hi LR

will do that very soon and hopefully they will be fine ... fingers cross ...

cheers,

andrie