Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water changes!

Blue Diamond Discus

Re: Water changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Squid
    If anyone wants to try out some of these hi tech filtration systems, have a look at them on Proteus' APW site. They can be expensive but are well worth it (and yes - you'll still have to do water changes, but not as often) Food for thought

Squid
    Don't leave them hanging give them the link!

Wrigglers

link

Sorry guys - APW is a sponsor I think, and you can see Proteus' adds in the classifieds. Now I'm not a computer Guru when it comes to links and stuff. hope this works

www.aquariumproductswholesale.com

Go to the filtration section under specialty stuff. If the link fails then go to the first thread in the Classifieds section and you'll see APW

See ya

Squid
    Wild discus only please. Or bring back the old strains from the 80's.

Just an Egg
    thanks squid very informing.

i posetd a water change q?
    in just now can,you help me out man?

thanks again

Wrigglers

Ginko's fishes

Everybody - got to the photo album forum and have a look at ginko's collection. Especially take note of his filtration system and also the fact that his fish hate water changes!!! They just dont like getting disturbed, especially wild fishes!! He certainly has some excellent specimens there

Squid
    Wild discus only please. Or bring back the old strains from the 80's.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    i had a new set-up in my system that requires very little effort and time for water change which i am doing it everyday.
    city water is connected through actived carbon filter goes direct into my aquarium bio-filter with few more packs of activited carbon to ensure that all chlorine are removed.
    the whole in-let city water is control by float valve that will stop when water level reach certain height. ( flash toilet float valve can be converted )
    water out-let is by gravity through a pipe control by a stop valve so it's flow rate can be contol.
    i turn on the out-let and do my things and stop the out flow after 1 or 2 hours depending on it's flow rate normally quite slow.
    dont have to care about water re-fill as it is automatic.
    try this now you will be happy and your fish will be happy too

Larvae
    Thanks for that mate that answered a few of my many questions

Hi, I'm New Here!

ray chan - temperature?

hi ray, i like your idea, might use it when i get my bigger tank this year, i have 2 questions:

1. I know your only adding the water very slowly but doesnt it still need heating before it goes into the filter (coz wouldn't the cold water kill the bacteria in the sponges if it's goin straight into the filter)?

2. Slightly stupid question, but how do you get the water out of the tank through the lil tube, do you syphon or have you cut a hole in the bottom and stuck a tube and valve?

got my first discus yesterday he's only a baby as my tank is quite small but well established, he seems happy he's not very wild I don't think coz he's hardly got any vertical bar markings, am i right in thinking this?

thanks in advance for any comments, nice forum.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I have heard that carbon in a discus tank will cause disease of some sort. Is there any truth to this?

Just an Egg
    I'v been doing daily 5-10% water changes depending on how busy I am and on the weekends I do up to 30%. All my fish are healthy and seem happy enough. Bright colours and all that. Definitely recommend regular water changes.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I feed my fish 10 times and do 50% water change everyday.