Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Medium Discus
    That dimension sounds about right.

But for the more slender species, it may prefer one with smaller opening - a vase type.

Thomas.

Medium Discus
    Update with day 2 - not significantly different from yesterday according to the picture (need a camera with macro zoom), but close up from human eye, the fry has grown and the eyes are very visible.

Thomas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails day_2.jpg  

Larvae
    Looks great Thomas.

It might my imagination but it looks to me like you can actually make out feint dark spots on that photo that could be eyes on the fry - otherwise I think I've been looking at brine shrimp too long.

Medium Discus
    Yes - those are eyes. You can see a bit of the tail as well, it's just the poor photo quality. Just don't know how to do this properly without a decent camera (it was okay until I need to take fish photo).

Thomas.

Larvae
    Hi Thomas,

what kind of camera do you have ??? you might be able to get macro filter for it ...

Just a thought ...

Andrie

Medium Discus
    I've got two (well sort of) digital cameras. The newer one (Sony DSC-W1) lacks the manual focus ability, making it almost impossible to focus as the unit keeps on fixing the focus on the glass or larger items behind the tank. The other one is a DV (Digital Video camcorder) which supports good zoom and manual focus. It is a relatively old model (think it's a second generation, dated back to 98) so I'm not too hopeful there will be anything in the market that maybe suitable to the unit. After all, camera gears is always expensive in OZ, so will wait for my next oversea trip.

Thomas.

Larvae
    Hi Thomas,

the problem with compact digital camera is that once it pass the optical zoom, the image will be grainy ...

the other thing that you could do is that take it with a maximum megapixel and then use photoshop to cut the one that you want and then resize it to under 128 Kb as that is the max size to upload for forum.

HTH ...

andrie

Medium Discus
    I never liked the digital zoom anyway, and setup the camera not to use it. However it is the poor lightings that make it so difficult. It's almost impossible to get an accurate focus for frys inside the cave, and shots at poor lighting condition is the main cause of the poor image.

Thomas.

Larvae
    yes ... the poor lighting and small fry will add up to not clear images ...

I tried to take a picture of my rams fry before, even with digital SLR + macro filter that didn't help either ... i think they are too small and still see through that's why it's hard to focus on it ... also if use slow shutter speed then if fry move and that's it ... it's going to be blurry ...

will show you the clearest shot I had with my rams fry when i find it ...

andrie

Larvae
    this is the clearest I can get ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fishy_61.jpg