Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by endless
    nah they do alright at 30 degrees as well
    But they won't live very long in those temperatures.

Val

Just an Egg
    @endless
    Goldfish only seem happy at those temperatures, they are just not supposed to be kept at these temperatures . Even from the moral point of view. In my opinion you sould move the goldfish to cooler tank (about 27C) immedietly, i'm sure they're quite miserable in this tank.

Tiny Fry
    Well i cant say for sure whether they are happy or miserable but one things for sure they've had a growth spurt since being introduced in the discus tank. They have doubled in size in a two week period. Could be the clean water or the food that i've been feeding the disucs. Now one of the gold fish keeps chasing the other in an attempt to breed. Now if they were that miserable i dont think breeding would be on their minds.

Medium Discus
    higher temp speeds up their metabolism, they eat and grow and grow but it will shorten the lifespan. goldfish is coldwater fish btw

Tiny Fry
    How long do goldfish live in say cold water as compared to warmer water. Also dont people keep gold fish in tropical countries like malaysia and singapore where the water temp is constantly high. Im sure they dont use chillers in their tank

Medium Discus
    i have to admit i kept many varieties of tropical fish back at home in jakarta where the weather is pretty much hot all year round, but the water temp is not constantly 30c it usually around 27.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Does BP stand for Blood Parrot? I don't yet have one of these beautiful fish but I really want to get started on them, my only worry is if they will get along with my Jellybean parrots I have. I only have two of them in my community tank with an angel, black and white sketred tetras and tiger barbs. My friends are getting along great and from what I've read it sounds like Discus would fit in. I read a post that said they had a BP with them and hope this is a sign to go for it. Help, I dont want to get a Discus and have it turn out badly for him.

SnakeSkin Discus
    wouldnt be putting barbs in with dicus, as barbs can sometimes be agressive, even in larger groups they can now an then turn on other fish, and even though they dont do that often i think itd be to much for discus to handle.

nathan

Hi, I'm New Here!
    boy, that's to bad, I guess I'll have to what till I get another tank set up. I am really looking forward to having several Discus so maybe it would be better to hold off and devote a whole tank to a group of them. Thank you for the tip, I'll be happy with the community I have going and not put any beautiful Discus in a situation where they won't be happy. Just out of curiosity, if I were to put the barbs in another thank, would a few Discus and my Jellybean Parrots be alright together?

Larvae
    I have 12 discus with water temp at 30° that share a tank with:

school of rummy nose tetras
    school of cardinal tetras
    4 bristlenose
    2 glass catfish
    3 clown loaches
    2x Panda Cory Cat
    2x Otocinclus
    4x Flying Fox
    8x Honey Dwarf Gourami
    4x White Tip Ornate Tetra