Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beef heart

Larvae
    yes, g1k you are quite right that the kangaroo's meat fiber is very long. but beef heart also has many vains. i blend mince again with food processor when it's halfly frozen.
    my fish accept this food without any problems. let's see if no digesting problem in this week. that would be a very good replacement.

Wrigglers
    if you still want the beefheart they are available at coles randwick and woolworths in bondi junction.
    -To every sarcasm there's an element of truth-

San Merah Discus
    The Woolies I buy mine from has it pre packed and virtually all the fat taken off which makes life much easier. They have it in the dog meat section.

A mate of mine has been looking for turkey heart but cant get a hold of any. Any of you guys tried it before or any comments on using it. It's supposedly virtually fat free.
    MAC

Mac, i will ask some meat supplier's at work and see if turkey hearts are available.
    A lot of offal gets exported over seas as other countries will pay more money than we do here in Australia. Also too, us Aussies dont cook animal hearts for dinner where some countries love it.

Will keep posted and see how i go...

Cheers

San Merah Discus
    Cheers Ben.
    MAC

Larvae
    I had the same problem in adelaide. I found that the only place i could get it was in the country where the butcher has their own slaughterhouse.