an update for today

well i have just made up this mornings batch of food (with metro in it) and all the fish are eating it now! even the ones that were quite sick!

i still have not lost a single fish and all are recovering well.

i am now taking the approach to water changes a little differently. because so many fish are not producing mucus (excess) now the water is 70% clearer after around 9-12 hours. so i am now trialling doing 1x 150% w/c on the first day and 2 100% w/c on the second day.

because i only have air stones running none of they debris is captured and contained so what i do is do the first siphon of 90%, top up to 50%. then i have a spare 2000Lph internal filter which i put in the tank for around 20 minutes and it pickes up all the debris. the tank i am using for the treatment is 150 odd litres. i have 2 pipes i use for water changes on my tanks. they can both be connected to siphon my 6fter, or the shorter one i use for this tank i am using for treatment as it is closer to the door. i just hook up the filter to the smaller pipe and it delivers the water back into the tank * but it is delivered with less force because the head height on the pump is 2.2m and the pipe is 5m. the fish dont get stressed and it does a great job. this also helps to conserve metro as it is quite expensive.

i will get some pictures so it is easier to understand when i do the next water change.

if anyone is wondering how i make the food up ill give you a quick explanation.

i get around 5mL of water in a medicine cup. put half a tablet of metro in and about 8-10mL of breeders premium discus food. you can use tetra bits or what ever dry food you use for discus. simply put the food in the dissolved metro and let it soak. this doesnt take long and metro isnt very soluable (spelling) and sinks to the bottom of the med cup. every 30 secs or so give it a quick stir and mix the metro in. the food doesnt have to be soaking wet. it just has to contain the metro. hth

ill put some more pics up soon.

Ben i will talk to you soon mate and thank you everyone for your kind comments. i hope that my work pays off!