Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Levamisole

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I was wandering if anybody could help me determine if I am diagnosing my fish problem correctly? I have a very young discus about 2-2.5 inches in size and he is not looking good. He has a pinched appearance about his eyes and seems very thin. His poo is clear and stringy. He isn't hiding or really dark in color he just doesn't seem to be gaining weight or eating very well. From reading this thread I believe it to be worms but before treating I would like to get a second opinion on this. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also since this is a community tank is it safe to assume that what ever is affecting this fish that it will soon be affecting all of them and I should just treat the entire tank? And how long do I leave the Levamisole in there before doing a water change? Does the Levamisole kill the worms?

Thanks again for all your help!

Blue Diamond Discus
    Preston4479, it sounds more like Hex to me.

Try putting him in a Hospital Tank and treating with Metro. There are plenty of good Articles on this site about Hex and treatment with Metro. Just go to Quick Search and you will see what i mean.,

Regards,

Marg.
    "True Friends are like Blue Diamonds, so Brilliant, Precious and Rare - Protect them while you can"

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Hey Marg is it OK to treat them in the tank they are in with Metro?Also, is Hex contagious because my other Discus are now showing signs of white or clear poo? That is why if it is OK I would just prefer to treat the entire tank. Will Metro affect my biological filter or harm the plants?

Thank you very much for your help Marg!! Really appreciate it!!

Oh yeah I have been reading that alot of people are having trouble getting Metronidazole. Don't know if this will help or not but hear you go!

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Produc...&N=2004+113017

Larvae
    Regarding the 1ml per 7 litres recomended dosage.
    What should be done after doseing the tank? waterchange 24hr later? is it just a one off dose?

Free Swimmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sime76
    Regarding the 1ml per 7 litres recomended dosage.
    What should be done after doseing the tank? waterchange 24hr later? is it just a one off dose?

I'm not sure about this either ?.....someone ???
    NAME : Phil

Free Swimmer
    I ordered some of the BIG.L Levamisole, but it seem they delivered the wrong one, I've got Sheep and Cattle mix ......however it seems the same but a stronger solution, so can anyone tell me if it is Ok used at half dose, ie:......1ml per 14 litres of water, or should I refrain from using it at all ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_6428.jpg  

Hmmmm Phil, it depends what else is in it. Some of them have glucose in them to make it more palatable.

Can you get a shot of the contents?

We use the Pig and Poultry wormer because it's water soluble, so not too sure about this one. It must have something different in it, even though the main ingredient is levamisole.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Free Swimmer
    Well it says nothing about glucose or aything else, just Levamisole Hydrochloride 32g/L, and the contents colour is the same as the pig and poultry...........ie: pineapple juice

I'm disappointed they got the wrong bottle in for me, and had to go a fair way to obtain it grrrr ! I might just try it out on some of my more expendable fish like Platies and Guppies etc, I'll try the half strength dose.

Just an Egg
    Hey peeps, just a quick query i dosed my piegon with Levamisole and he passed a couple of worms but he still looks like he has a full tummy but i havent seen him eat so my question is can i redose in a week or so?

levimasole online order link

here's a link to order sykes pig poultry wormer online 500ml for $14.95 and postage free for Sydney.
    http://www.sydneyequestriansupplies....33265e89fd8ef1