Thread: Howdy All

Howdy All

Okay I went ahead and signed up. So now everyone has to deal with me and all my 50 million question.

My name is Marie and I live in Chattanooga, Tn. (USA). I haven't yt got any Discus but hope to one day. I wish to learn all I can to ensure the health and safety of my Discus when I do get them. So I plan on reading and learning and asking many questions so please bare with me and be patient (like I know some of you sre).

THANKS,
    MARIE

Just an Egg
    hi welcome to DF
    If you do not have Cichlids get them.

CICHLIDS RULE

Hey Marie... ask as many questions as you want...

hopefully with the combined knowledge of the members here, plus those to come, you will recieve a broad spectrum of answers...

anyways, welcome

Just an Egg
    Welcome to DF! Marie!
    Thank you,
    Cory

My Tank Pics!

Howdy Marie!!

Welcome and happy to see that you made it here.

Bryan

Hey marie,
    I was in your postion once and was exactly the same before getting discus i wanted to learn as much as possible, and you know the best places to learn about discus - FORUMS. 20 people giving you there different opinions is better then your LFS telling you what ever you want to hear to spend more money. We dont need sales so you will get the truth about our expriences thats why you will learn alot. Ask as many questions as you like you can never say i know every thing about discus because for one every discus is different and every hobbyist treats them differently.
    The best way to do it is finding in replies the most common ways to dealing with problems and making a educated decision by other peoples experiences.

But most of all WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!
    Cheers

Scott

Marie, welcome.
    I see you beat me here...LOL.. :P It will be great, just wait. It will not be long before we get you a Dinner Plate tank all set up and going. .....

Hope so. I am saving now for my next big tank. That is where I want to put my Discus. The biggest tank I have now is a55 gallon. I want atleast 100-125 gallon next. More room for the babies.

MARIE