Wrigglers

well some of you might remember..

About just under a year ago. I posted that i had my discus lay eggs.
    Well after that long of getting organized and fighting with my dumb pair no luck with the eggs, which were getting eating and they were fertilized.
    So about a month or so ago. I dumped the female back in the main tank where i gave up on all hope for her. And moved my lone female from the main tank in the breeding tank.
    Well the old female lays every week with another male and always eats them still. (dont think she will ever learn)
    And the other female and male took about 3-4 weeks to bond and start laying.
    The eggs are fertilized and she is a great mom but still no luck for the last 4 times of eggs.

Well this morning i went downstairs to do my morning light turn on and look in the tanks.
    The lights in the one bedroom were out and there is no tank lights. So not knowing any better i took the flashlight and My Apisto triple reds were gaurding a bunch of wigglers. YAY.
    Still not the point.
    I went into my actual fish room, where i turned on everyones lights.
    And i noticed that a few of my discus eggs were fungsy and not gone. Its been a while since they stayed in the tank.
    Well upon closer inspection. SOME OF THE EGGS ARE WIGGLERS NOW.
    NOW IM SO HAPPY. lol

Well i do have a couple questions.
    How would i remove the bad eggs without peeing of the parents. If they don't do it themselves?

Although i know the wigglers probably wont last cause i was a suck hole and put gravel and decorations in the tank origanally cause the old female was a cry baby and was all sketchy until i did it.
    How would i go about removing all that stuff now even with the wigglers in
    the tank?

Yaaaaay well done on getting wrigglers.

Don't do anything. Just let the parents tend to the wrigglers. Don't even think about removing the fungus. The babies will survive, even with it there.

Your job now is to keep the water very clean with small daily water changes, as soon as the fry are free swimming.

Don't overfeed the parents, we want that tank as clean as possible, but do feed them, otherwise they might decide they're so hungry, the babies look good enough to eat !

Leave the gravel and the decorations in there. You don't want to go changing anything now. If the parents don't feel secure, they often eat the babies to "save" them.

Good luck, and congratulations.

Keep us posted.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend

Wrigglers
    well they ate the few wigglers that time.
    Laid again and same hatch rate, but more eggs.
    I now have 6 free swimming fry. its 2 days free swimming now.
    I can't believe it, i am still in shock.
    Its amazing to watch the parents a work..

i've been going through this for almost a year trying to get the eggs to hatch.
    Im still thinking something is causing the hatch rate to go down. Something that might have changed which is causing them to hatch now, but not well.

We have extremely hard water here where i live.
    Since i started discus keeping i have always used Discus buffer.
    Also tried water softening pillows.
    Which i stopped using about 2-3 ago because they were useless.

So now is it at all possible that it is the Discus Buffer and i should slowly quit using it.
    This is my final guess of what is going wrong.
    Any other ideas and heres a picture of a baby and dad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dad_608.jpg