Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    A few people have sent PM's asking for details on setting up a basic plnted tank, so I thought this should be stickied again (until the new tank gets set up).

San Merah Discus
    As the tank went along Pro, did you find that you were continually adding new plants or were the old ones just multiplying and filling in space??

Quote Originally Posted by Robdog
    As the tank went along Pro, did you find that you were continually adding new plants or were the old ones just multiplying and filling in space??
    The plants were self sufficient and provided for 3-4 of my other tanks.

I started off with 1/2 a dozen or so Red Tiger Lotus, I now have over 50 of them, plus I have Crypts all over the place.

As of this afternoon that tank is a murky mess after removing all the plants to be placed in a new tank tomorrow (a much bigger tank as well)

San Merah Discus
    Could you put it's success down to any one thing in particular eg. CO2, JBL substrate?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Never a quick fix but co2 has massive effects on the growth and health of plants(pressurised is easiest), followed by lights, then gravel and ferts i guess,
    Thanks
    Matt

ok, now the trial run is over and tank striped down, time for the next project...

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8559