Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wrigglers
    What are the recommended rates of prazi , metro , octozin in food?

San Merah Discus
    Hi David,

The dosage rates I have here are Metronidazol 1gm Metro per 100gms of food fed 3 times a day for 3 days. Prazi 400mg per 100gms of food fed for a week.
    MAC

Wrigglers
    Cheers Mac.

Medium Discus
    in feed medication (dose's expressed as mg's of medication{only active medication} per kilogram of bodyweight)

100mgs/kg for metronidazol

with praziquantel in food 5-12 grams is used per kg of food prepared and dosed upto 4 or 5 days
    the dose mac has printed i have also written in stoskopf medicine of fish ..though just under telost or shark dosing.. i think slightly higher is safer in boney fish
    or 50mgs/kg can be gavaged (stomach tubed) as a one of dose

SnakeSkin Discus
    One tablet, mixed into food dosed the whole tank feeding them for a week on it.
    is that one tablet per day for 7 days ?

Wrigglers
    Cheers Andrew. Fish_r, you can't work on that dosing information. You have to work on a mg of active per g of food as supplied by Mac and Andrew for which you would need some very accurate scales.

I was following day 1 metro treatment - dissolving metro at the rate of 250 mg per 10 it's of tank. Initially was going to do the 2 follow up treatments, with a 30% water change before each new dose, for 3 treatments (48hrs between treatments).

I've now added metro to my beef heart mixture and the fish in question is eating it. I think I read that eating the metro is more effective than tank dosing. If my fish is eating the metro/food mix - does this mean that I am able to cease the metro bath in the tank? Happy to do both if necessary, but also keen to save wasting the metro for the tank dosing, if it's now unnecessary. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Moderators, I'm going to start a new thread for this question, as today is the day I either "dose" or "don't dose" the water column. If you can, can you pls delete this one, as it will be a double post. Thannks.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Flagyl, or Metronidazole is for bacterial infections and also to treat Hex (hole in the head). Dose rate is 250 mg per 10 lts of tank water every 48 hours, with a 30% water change before each new dose, for 3 treatments.
    Is this still the current dosing rate for metro? I thought someone mentioned to me recently that the dosing rate is now increased - but I can't remember the details.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

25mg/l (or 250mg/10L) is the correct dose in food 1g metro /100g of food

Thanks ILLUSN