Hi, I'm New Here!

Help with discus

Hi,

I am having problem with one of my discus. It is pointing downwards and not eating well(havent seen it eat for days now). All the other 5 discus in the same tankare perfectly eating and are fine. It is pretty new to this tank (only 6 days). The water parameters are fine :

pH - 6.5
    No2 - 0
    No3 - 1
    gH -6
    KH - 4

Can someone suggest a remedy. I am doing water changes very often (20% every 2days) and i have introduced it to this only after my last 100% WC. I had cleaned the substrate a lot before putting all the fishes back. I am feeding Blood worms , tetra granules. Feeding is twice a day (12 hour gap)

i am very worried about the fin..Only this fish has such clamped fins. The eyes were cloudy 2 days back but getting better now (u can see that in the pic itself).I am unable to track the faeces because since 5 days or so i am unable to see it even eat anything. Just wandering aimlessly (not having any control of its body ) ... sometimes slanting/pointing at 45..sometimes very normal and straight..Usually at the top of the tank

Any other info that you may require please let me know
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p1100664__large_.jpg   p1100657__large_.jpg   p1100656__large_.jpg  

A recipe for disaster already.

No quarentine?? You have probably just risked all your fish to everything that this one may have carried ie parasite/disease. Or you have given this new one all the disease/parasites that your other fish already have!

I would also suspect that you have given this fish one huge shock introducing it into water that was way different to what it came out of. Bit of a shock all round I would say.
    Bigger water changes daily 30% at least each day for a week or two, monitor closely ALL the other fish, they may come down with something too.

H
    Why me ?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    But all the other fishes are eating properly. Do you think i should push this one out of the tank? Should i put in some medication for this alone? Increase temperature ( Now around 29 degrees celsius) The fish was hiding for 3 days..only now it has started coming out into the open ...freely floating ?(with no destination)..Is there something that i can still do so that i save the others from getting infected?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Do you sense swim bladder or fin rot by any chance?

Just observe for a few days with the water changes I suggested. The others might not feel ill, right now..
    The new fish is probably feeling off because of how you introduced it to the established tank. Your old fish are used to their conditions, the new one isn't..yet.
    Just watch for changes right now, no meds
    Why me ?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I am a bit worried now that u mentioned,as i have noticed one of the smaller discus scratching against one of the rocks now..its hitting against the rock (slowly though)..Had seen this fish too doing the same while under hiding the first few days... Feeling scared now

Could be you have a dose of gill flukes if they are scratching against objects in the tank. Get hold of some PraziPro, dose as per instructions. Use the search facility to learn some more. Don't panic ok.
    Why me ?

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thanks HM

Not much used to see them sick..thats why this panic...Think i need to just keep calm and keep changing water as you mentioned. There is a saying to have a salt dip...not sure to try it out now itself. Maybe i will wait till the end of this week