Thread: acriflavine

acriflavine

Does anyone know where to get acriflavine here in australia.

It is, or was, prescription only in Australia. Recently I was looking for meds & I've lost track of all the ones that my vet told me weren't on the "allowed" list for use in Australia. I can't remember for sure if acriflavine was an allowed med, but I have a feeling that it wasn't.

In any case, if it is available, I am fairly certain it will only be via your vet or Dr.
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

Jungle tank buddies make an Ick treatment that is Acriflavine and victoria green.

When I needed Acriflavine I used them. They are available in Australia, I got mine from Forster Pet shop. Have a look around for them. HTH
    Cheers Kath

Thanks for the replys
    Ifound out that acriflavine is avalible over the counter at most chemists it comes in a powder form.

Well, that's great news! Thinking back, I think it was a chemist in Miranda who told me I couldn't buy it. I'll go to another chemist soon to get some to add to my supplies.

I was given similar wrong info by quite a few other chemists when I first tried to get PP. About 4 told me it was banned from sale, due to it's potential use in bomb making. A 5th one double checked & it was only in large quantities that they couldn't sell it to the public. No problem at all ordering in a little bottle for me.

I guess it pays to check around & ask more than one place.

It nearly did my head in trying to find out how to get it . But I managed to get the phone number for the Melbourne aquarium vet and he was really helpful . Best tthing for me his surgery is only 20 min from my house which is very handy.

I feeling a bit dense. Were you able to buy it over the counter, or did you need to go the Melbourne vet first, before you could get it? Or is it just that the Melbourne vet told you what to ask for at the chemist.

Sorry, for all the Q's

Its availible over the counter at most chemists .
    sorry for the confusion .

Thanks !
    I got myself confused when you mentioned the vet again, but then, I am easily confused