Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blue Diamond Discus
    I think you might need to place this in illness and medication.

Just an Egg
    Quote Originally Posted by lpiasente
    I think you might need to place this in illness and medication.
    thanks lpiasente! discus fry are ok now, normal breathing.... yay.. no more gill fluke.... I cant wait till them grow a bit bigger... they are soo adorable

Blue Diamond Discus
    I have been given this information from a lps and just thought I would post it and see what everyone thinks. I haven't used it, but it sure sounds easy. 1x100mg tablets of prazi in 1.75ml of ethanol or metho. mix with 3.25ml distilled water. Add 5-10ml solution to 250ml of water, then add live worms. Leave standing for 10 to 20 minutes and feed to fish. All done

Larvae
    Quote Originally Posted by mistakes r crucial
    The dosage rates I have here are Metronidazol 1gm Metro per 100gms of food fed 3 times a day for 3 days. Prazi 400mg per 100gms of food fed for a week.
    MAC
    1 of Mrs Old Dave's discus seems to be exhibiting symtoms of flukes, but I would like to treat all the fish in the tank with 100mg Fluke & Tapeworm tablets.
    Firstly, the label says use with caution in tanks containing catfish (corydoras sp). Any others?
    I have a GS pleco & a clown loach in the tank and some corydoras and cardinals in a quarrantine tank ready to join them.

My main question is about how to use the prazi tablets.
    If I add 1x100mg tablet to 25ml of water and soak NLS pellets in the solution to absorb most of the liquid is this likely to be successful?

I like the post from lpiasente but I still suspect worms & beefheart can also be sources of unwanted nasties.

The principle is the same but without the metho.

Thanks in Advance,

Old Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSN
    25mg/l (or 250mg/10L) is the correct dose
    in food 1g metro /100g of food
    Jothy, is this still the dose of metro in the water 250mg / 10L that we should be using?
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

that dose is stil correct metro in water = 25mg/L (250mg/10L)

in food 1g/100g (Andrew soh has since told me up to 2g/100g is ok)

as flagellets are becoming more and more resistant to metro the exposure time seems to be more important, i treat every 48hrs with a 50% change inbetween for 10days (5 treatment in total each @ 25mg/L) with new fish, with my long standing pairs 3 treatments 48hrs apart seems to still work fine

Thanks Jothy

So if I am dosing 40L, I need 1000mg per dose, right?

I've read recently that the active ingredient of the metro is basically gone in 8hrs & DPH recommends dosing every 8hrs (but at a lower rate of 500mg per 10USG).

Others have recommended redosing every 24hrs. But every 48hrs should be enough?

I am a bit dense today Jothy & can't work out how you get to 95 treatments. If you are dosing for 10 days, with the re-dose frequency every 48hrs - isn't that only 5 doses?
    Previously known as "Tankwatcher"

40L = 1000g sorry 95 was a typo fixed now, if your doing daily changes then redose 25mg/L after every change, just keep it up for a full 10days.

Just an Egg
    Quote Originally Posted by TW
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Merrilyn.
    When I worm, I follow the 4 week Big L / Prazi plan on the sticky, here on this forum. Plus, metro is too darn hard to get hold of, to even consider using it "just in case".
    Get really friendly with your GP Mine is happy to give me a script for my fish every so often... Don't think anyone can get high on taking it :P
    http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ed-1copy-1.jpg
    [Team Bilstien | Eibach | HKS | Apexi N1 | Greddy | Cusco | Defi | Prova | Fish Tank]

Hi, I'm New Here!

re: freezing the medicated food.

"Metronidazol 1gm Metro per 100gms of food fed 3 times a day for 3 days"

I would like to ask, is it possible to freeze the 100gms of food that has Metro mixed into it?
    It's because I can't feed 100gms in one go so I thought maybe i can freeze the left overs and save for next meal?
    Would there be any effects on the medication if it is freezed?

thanks