Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: fishroom setups

Just an Egg
    sounds good.
    -tyler

If your looking for some high quality germans, look no further than Stendker discus. Discus hans is the man to see.
    http://www.discus-hans-usa.com

ben you forgot one

Drains, cause your bound to spill water
    RYAN --- DIY ROCKS!

1 of my own:

LIGHTING! it is much more advantagious to have the whole room lighted instead of individual lights for each tank.
    DF.com Resident Cool Guy

Just an Egg
    does anyone have pictures of their setups? if they do water storage, how is that set up?
    -tyler

If your looking for some high quality germans, look no further than Stendker discus. Discus hans is the man to see.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    But what is the best tank size of breeding 20, 40 60G does not help alot if the tank is only 12 inch's high and should be 24" in height

cheers

Just an Egg
    40 gallon tanks IMO are the optimol size. the demintions, i don't know, but it is tall.
    -tyler

Larvae
    imo,

Get everything in there in the first place, plan plan plan.

Delivery and removal pipes, any air/water pipes that are to go in need to be done first so it's easy, to get to those hard to reach places once you install tanks can be a pain in the proverbial.

Rig up lighting to suit and i would suggest room lighting and not individual tanks (this means you'll have to think of the sort of lighting you will want to use, getting all this done first means you only need the sparky once and not have to get them back to add a new 130w high output 14000k globe like i do atm lol) ps planning on reviewing this light later, just awesome

Keep it all as simple as you can, as mentioned you'll want some space, also think of what it will take to get a tank out if it cracks, breaks or whatever......trying to get a 6x1x1 tank out and having to remove 4 4ftrs first isn't fun trust me.
    Also it's getting new ones in, try to stick with a generic size for tanks, so it's easy to replace if need be, they'll fit right into the old slot if the stands are all the same. Different sizes all the time means more work when working out meds etc as you have to calculate water volume all the time or record somewhere what it is, just knowing that every tank is "blah" is much easier. replacement parts etc are minimised as well.

hope some of these things help

Brenton
    Who's a happy little french fry?

San Merah Discus
    Here is a link to a few photos of our setup, 35 tanks on 2 systems, it took us 6 months to build, alot of laughs and tears and plenty of grog for the wins! If I had one piece of advice for anyone it would be take a look at as many other fishrooms as possible, we had the opportunity, didn't and regret it, it saves time, money and heart ache.

http://community.webshots.com/user/mistakesarecrucial

We filled the tanks with about 80 Discus from Roy Khoo, plus a few others, that are now pairing off and getting ready to breed.
    MAC

San Merah Discus
    Brenton,

LMAO, you've been there, house of the cracked tank, stupid mistakes, great fun aint it!
    MAC

Hay Mac

nice setup, neat and tidy

very very nice
    RYAN --- DIY ROCKS!