Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have only heard that the eheim was difficult to maintain, never been rich enough to own one . You can buy filter media bags pretty cheap. I believe that fluval has their own brand

Medium Discus
    oldschoolculture,

Have a look at www.SeaMe.com

This online firm sell topline aquarium brands for prices that are HEAPS cheaper than over here in Australia. The shipping is also free if you spend over $120 and they ship to Australia.

The company is in Holland.

They sell the latest Eheim Professional II 2028 which has the push prime function for $305.

HTH
    Dave.

Just an Egg
    has anyone purchased from www.seame.com

are they reliable? How about the electricity voltage? do they have the same voltage as ours?

ok, first of all, you have no warranty, and you lose the whole sales & service aspect of buying local.

NOTE: All filters and pumps are 220-250V / 50Hz and with an Europlug
    You will need an adaptor (however they arent expensive)

Your order will be prepared with proper shipping documentation. All shipping invoices, bills-of-lading, declarations, and all other shipping documentation will be printed in English. We are not responsible for any delays caused by the customs department or other government agencies of your country.
    You need to add duties and GST to the total, if more than the allowable limit.

To summarise, yes you can buy from Seame.com, but isnt it better to keep our Aussie dollars down under?

Just an Egg
    good point....

where is the best/cheapest place to buy Eheim product in Australia? I heard that they've got a new dealer in Aust and the price is coming down, is that true?

Medium Discus
    TeeFM,

Obviously if you buy from overseas the warranty is void but with a brand like Eheim you will rarely have any problems with them as they are a high quality product.

I don't think that the price of the 2028 $305 will attract any duties etc but don't quote me on that.

Buttnaked purchased a De Bary UVS from them and apparently had no problems.

There is a big price difference $576 compared to $305.

The choice is up to you and as Proteus stated, it doesn't hurt to keep our hard earned cash over here.

Dave.

Banned
    Hi,

I don't know where you got your price of $576 on the 2028. I purchased one from ALA for $485 + $6.00 postage to sydney and it arrived in a couple of day.

John