Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    San Merah Discus
    Hows the surprise going on ??

Just an Egg
    The tunze system I am looking at has.....

Co2 regulator
    Magnetic valve
    Diffuser/Reactor
    Silicon tubing
    Ph Controller
    Ph electrode ( glass)
    Check valve and
    Calibration solution

Is that all I need??
    Ben and Debbie

Just an Egg
    Dr V the surprise is going well as long as I know what I am buying. Either way I am sure he will be wrapt.

For those of you who have Co2 what PH did you have on your tank before putting Co2 on?
    Ben and Debbie

Just an Egg
    Ok.....more questions.....

I have two options in regards to the actual CO2 bottle. I can rent per year and pay for refills. Or I have the option of buying the bottle outright refilling free.

Does anyone have any comment sor experience as to which option is best?

Again thanks for all your help

Debbie
    Ben and Debbie

Tiny Fry
    What price are you looking at all up?

Hi Debbie

I went down the rent & refill option as I've got a big tank (900l) and refilling the smaller bottles every couple of months would be a pain - I last had a refill August last year.

Dave

Just an Egg
    In regards to filling smaller bottles. What are the ramifications of taking a bottle off for a day or two to get refilled? What happens with the Ph? How will the plants and disucs handle the change?

Trebs all up for the tunze system (as in previous post) about $930 minus bottle.
    Ben and Debbie

Just an Egg
    Yeh it won't be a good idea taking co2 off the tank even for a few hours as the pH will go up very quickly!!! Best way will probably to rent a medium sized bottle as they don't need to be refilled nearly as much as the tiny ones you can buy, pH will be relative to your kH co2 should be kept around 30 ppm, use the charts on the net http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm
    is quite good, so work out your kH and line it up with 30 or so ppm of co2 and that will tell you what your pH should be set at if your using a pH controller,
    Matt

Just an Egg
    May have to rent two bottles then.... it will take a full day for us to get one refilled. A good 8 hours driving alone.
    Ben and Debbie

If you have a pressure gauge on the gas bottle & depending on how often you past whereever you would need refills from, when may be able to pay a holding deposit or something & get a 2nd bottle when your 1st one is running low, swap them over, then return the empty when you are next going that way - that way no time without CO2.

I think that makes sense...... Would save you having to rent 2 bottles & have one sitting idle most of the time - you'd need to check with the place hiring tho obviously - just a thought

Dave