This was just sent to me by Discus D from a new book he has purchased. I thought the information very interesting, and decided to pass it on. Thanks Dee. This is a great forum for sharing information :P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a book last Monday by Gerald Bassleer called "The New Illustrated Guide to Fish Diseases" which is a very comprehensive book on virtually all fish diseases and their respective treatments. There is some very intresting chapters on Discus health and diseases including Discus plague. Anyway, in regard to treating Piscinoodinium Gerald Bassleer says Metro can be used at 10-15ppm for 5 days to treat persitant cases and for fish that are sensitive to Copper Sulfate (soft water fish). This would/could explain why my fish in the main tank seem to have made a full recovery, no flashing and all eating very well (some of these fish where the sickest at one point). I thought I'd pass that info on for intrest sake.