how to differentiate got Hexamitosis and Capillaria?

i think my fish got one of those worms but i dont really know the symptom?
    my fish breed quick, dark body, eat less, and white clear dung. is it Capillaria? i check out the symptom on internet these to worms its too similar
    but need to used to different kind of medication. can any one give me any idea how to differentiate which is which?

one more symptom its:

it seems my tanks stress one have it. and the thin one have as well.. the strong and fat one dont look like they have it

Just an Egg
    Hi skyliner34,You can't tell what worms your Discus have unless you have a microscope and examine the fresh feces,otherwise its hit and miss.If your not sure you have to treat for both.treat with one medication than Waite for a week or so after treatment,than medicate for the other worm,this maybe stressful for your discus but if you do nothing death will be the end result,and you maybe successful.
    I have a quarantine procedure I go through every time I acquire a new fish,Quarantine your Discus.then Drop the P.H to 5,raise the temperature to 34C.and just watch,if you see signs of worms mix fresh garlic with there food,not too much.scrutinize for signs of disease.Than drop the P.H. to 4 for about 2week.If any problems appear treat immediately.I quarantine for at least 3months maybe overdone but I like to be sure.
    good luck.

hi phil54

thanks for you advice. i will try your suggestion on next time when i put the fish in to tank.

BTW do you know the Levamisole will kill those worms? couse i bought a worms treatment. on saturday. the aquarium staff told me these treatment can kill any inside body worms.. i put the medication in to the tank. all most 3 to 4 days now.. my discus's body colour still dark and not eatting.. i can't see they getting any better...

is it because the Levamisole cant kill the worms or it need take more time to the fish to be cured..

cause by looking there symptom, i am sure they got in worms

thank you

Just an Egg
    I worm discus every 3months,mainly because some worms grow so large,say a very large tape worm dies in the gut of the discus after medication,if too big the discus has trouble passing the worm and it can rot in the gut causing death.I have also found a 1inch bright red worm leave the gut and go into organs of the fish eventually killing it.even smaller worms can do a lot of damage to the gut if in large numbers.some worms go pretty wild when medication it introduced doing so much damage the fish wont eat for ages sometimes never.Levamisole,I have had some very negative reactions to this treatment.Maybe because my water was so acid.as other people say its very good,in most cases after Levamisole my Discus stopped eating and died.70%of the time.

once again.. thanks for your msg.. so it seem Levamisole it does kill the worms..
    so only things left its up to the discus... it hope it can make it..