Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Tiny Fry

hey

Thanks LR i will take it back to the shop i went to a full pet shop and thats the only thing they could get that was the close enough i will have a look at a online shop and try and get them to post it to me.

Jono

Just an Egg

Nilverm

I had a worm infestation about 2 years ago, where mainly my mollies had short red threads protruding from the anus. After researching the net I found reference to Nilverm (pig and poultry wormer) but with many different dosages. I ended up going with 20 ml in my 120 litre tank, with the intention to repeat dose about a month later to catch any eggs etc that may not have been effected by the initial dose. However I found it unnecessary to repeat dose as no further sign of worms has been evident.

Perhaps regular dosing isn't such a bad thing however. My theory however is if you don't introduce any worm carrying substances / life-forms into the aquarium, then you shouldn't have too many problems.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Can i treat a planted tank with either of these meds. I have cheap access to Aquamaster. But i guess i can't offer it to anyone on here since i'm not a vendor

Also is it ok to treat with BN catfish in there

I use both Levamisole and Praziquantel in my planted tanks with bristlenoses and they are always fine, bristlenoses even passes a few tape worm segments after worming.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    but my tank is 4x2x2 430 lt thats a lot of prazi tabs!

yep mate mine is also a 4x2x2 try this
    http://www.aquariumsuppliesaustralia..._detail&p=1270 best price I've ever seen for wormrid

Hi, I'm New Here!
    I sell fuke and tapeworm _ Aquamaster for only $55.00

so i don't mind using that.

Just set up my tank one month ago and wondering whether i should worm it anyway.

Just an Egg
    Hi, am new to discus - don't actually have any yet, but their home had water added yesterday... so there is a fishy future in sight.

Anyway, I assume these meds (Levamisole HCl and praziquantal) kill off the worms and larvae, and then you just vacuum them out when you go to do a water change later on?

Also, once my new fishy friends move in, should I treat them pretty much right away or should I give them a while to get used to the tank before throwing drugs at them?

Cheers,

J

I'd treat them on the first night or following morning

Just an Egg
    I was just wondering how Levisimole effects bristlenose catfish, Corydoras and Kuli loaches.

Thanks

Kell