Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Wrigglers
    Im confused as well,,it feels like theres so much options out there, but i know so little on which one to use.
    and whats the difference between gill fluke,tapeworm,round worm and thread worm?? does it look different,different signs of symptons on fish??

any help you be appreciated!thx

Larvae
    Ladyred

Do i use the same dosage rate of 1ml per 7ltrs for 'Big.L' pig and poultry wormer or woudl it be different.

Larvae
    Thanks Merrilyn
    In regards to the "Big L", do I dose the main tank and leave it in there,or do you move them to another tank and leave them in it for a specified amount of time
    Thanks for any help

Larvae
    Does anyone know ,how long to leave the discus in the tank with the 1ml per 7ltrs for 'Big.L' pig and poultry wormer
    cheers Max

update, I just found out after a bit of searching...
    The treatment I would prefer to use is Levamisole which is a wormer sold for poultry and cage birds. It can be used in the tank at the rate of 1ml per 7 litres of tank water. It's suitable to treat all nematodal parasites. Dose the tank, and leave the fish in there for 3 days without a waterchange. After that, go back to the normal routine of waterchanges.

A follow up treatment may be required

Once again, Ladyred to the rescue, Thankyou

Hi, I'm New Here!
    This a really good thread.

I have found it most helpful in getting my fish back to full health.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody has used the Aqua Master Fluke and Tape Worm Tablets and their opinion of it - it appears to be very widely available, but people seem to be talking of "Big L".

I haven't treated my fish for a while (2 years), mainly because they don't seem to show any signs of worms. Can worms "appear" without the introduction of any new fish? Should I be worming every 6 months if there are no signs of worms and no new fish introduced?

Thanks.
    My Eyes Are Open

Medium Discus

fish

Sid,

Fish can have worms and be asymptomatic - i.e not show any traits for the illness.

It is advisable to worm them regularly as even a little worm burden will stifle growth.

The tablets you refer to are praziquantal 100mg sold as "aqua master gill flukes and tapeworm"

Big L is levamisole hydrochloride which is used for worms as well.

You need both products to treat for all possibly worm varieties, but DO NOT use them at the same time.

HTH

G

Tiny Fry

hey

I brought wardley's para-ex to worm my fish my local aquarium told me it was the best to use for worming and they had never heard of levamisole.I'am doing the right thing or do i need to get any other stuff
    Jono

Tiny Fry

hey

Just a few questions reguarding worming i used a aquarium type wormer and worked for some my discus they started pooing out the white striny poo but my white swan has had these little red worm things hanging from hes butt hole and havent gone away i went to a produce store today and brought this bird wormer stuff because cant find Big L anywhere.

Active constituents 10mg/ml Levamisole Hydrochoride,equivalent to 8.48mg/ml Levamisole base 2mg/ml Praziquantel.

Just wanted to make sure this would be alright to use at the rate you been talking about at 1ml per 7 litres the lady at the pet shop had no idea?

Cheers jono

Jono be really careful of that bird wormer stuff. A lot of them have glucose of some kind added, and that will produce a huge bacterial bloom in your tank.

I'm not too thrilled about the bord wormer that you bought, because it has Praziquantel in it as well as Levamisole. I've never used the two together with fish, and I'm not sure how it's going to affect them.

If you can posssibly get hold of the Sykes Big L Pig and Poultry wormer, that's the one we use. It has no sugar or glucose, and it will get rid of those thread worms that your White Swan is suffering from. Several online stores sell it, as well as Feed and Grain Merchants in some of the more rural areas.

If you really can't get hold of some, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do.
    Thirty-five years keeping and breeding discus, and I'm still learning :P

Merrilyn has passed, but will not be forgotten - Goodbye dear friend