Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Medium Discus
    Have you checked your tap water maybe it has phosphate's,Also check your liquid fert's aswell.

I would let your nitrate's hit at least 10-20ppm.
    Then i would bleach the wood to kill the BBA, just soak it for a couple of minutes 50:50 ratio water/bleach the make sure you wash it really good,If it feels slimey it still has bleach keep scrubbing until it doesn't feel slimey.
    If you have other algea issuse's cut your fert to every 2 week,Apart from that get your nitrate's up abit,If you have just root feeder's like crypts and swords,vallis,I would just use substrate ferts and not worry about the lquid fert at all.

Wrigglers
    cool ill try the substrate fert.. and give the bleach a go if I get brave enough

Medium Discus
    If you don't want to bleach them just give them a good scrubbing,It will do.

Larvae
    how long has your tank been running? Mine took months to settle in and I went through lots of different types of algae. I have a flying fox and siamese algae eater, cories and a pleco in my tanks and find that I now have no algae at all. I did have stuff like you have shown on the mangrove roots but it eventually disappeared and I sometimes wonder if there is enough algae there for everyone!

I have all slow growing plants, apart from the vals that I regularly take out and put into the tank which has Uarus that eat everything. I don't dose with extra ferts. just let the fish feed the plants.

I did try dosing with ferts early on and had massive amounts of algae, if you are going to try ferts it seems to me that you will have to check all sorts of extra things, I would try http://www.aquabotanic.com/ for help with dosing ferts.

HTH

Wrigglers
    My tank has been running for quite a while now. But did a clean yesterday. Pulled the bog wood out and blasted it with the pressure hose. No more bba. At least for the moment I hope.