Hi, I'm New Here!

Converting from African cichlids to discus?

Hi , new to group and discus . I have had African cichlids for many years and have moved house . I have a 5 x 2 x 2 ft tank ready to set up and thought I would like a change. I was thinking of just going tropical but have always liked discus, are they difficult? I also have crushed coral for the substrate from my previous tank, can I use that? I am just starting my research journey and thought I would start here

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Yes, you can use Crushed coral as they are good for freshwater for a number of reasons. When used as a substrate, crushed coral helps maintain the pH of your freshwater for a long time. Thus, keeping you free from worrying about your tank becoming too acidic.

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by bellason View Post
    Yes, you can use Crushed coral as they are good for freshwater for a number of reasons. When used as a substrate, crushed coral helps maintain the pH of your freshwater for a long time. Thus, keeping you free from worrying about your tank becoming too acidic.
    Wattt, that I actually don't know, From now I will going to keep crushed coral in my tanks......
    I love to shop online, and my favorite delivery partner is Upsers.

Hi, I'm New Here!

Cool Converting from African cichlids to discus?

Quote Originally Posted by bellason View Post
    Wattt, that I actually don't know, From now I will going to keep crushed coral in my tanks......
    I love to shop online, and my favorite delivery partner is Upsers.