Hello,

I am looking after my brotherīs 3 Discus, 2 around 8/9cm diameter, one slightly smaller. Please note I have never looked after fish before, I have almost zero knowledge.

Iīve had them about a week and they all seem to be feeding, and no apparent issues seen. No changes in colour in the fish. Filter is on, air brick is on, temperature is 29 degrees via a thermostat - The water was brand new 1 week ago when we bought the fish here from my brothers house, its a temporary aquarium, 60 liters. I am feeding them a small frozen brick of bloodworms every other day (I defrost it first in water) and a small amount of dry food on the day where they don't get the bloodworms. The first few days they were with me they didnīt move much and remained hidden then they started moving around the tank and they seemed OK since.

This morning, one of the larger ones has started swimming vertically, he seems to be unbalanced and uncomfortable. I noticed this around 2 hours ago and he is still doing the same thing now.

Iīve done a little reading on the forum and I believe one step is to give Epsom salts. Is this the first step or is there something else better I can do?