Hi, I'm New Here!

Omg !! Think I should of got a guinea pig

Hello all

My names lin and I am extremely new to this. We have brought a 400 litre tank which I would dearly love to keep discus fish in. We know nothing at all about it but welcome the challenge. The only problem is we keep being told conflicting advice about them. Even down to what water they like ..... 1 said softened water then another said R O water then another said they have them in tap water!!. So now we are totally confused . The tank has been up and running for 1 week so far, which was filled with tap water......and that’s as far as we’ve got. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Lin

Welcome to our community,

Water is water, but you will need to test the water to make sure it is suitable for the discus. It will depend what type of water your municipality has how you need to treat it. Have you picked up a testing kit yet? You will want to.

Jason

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Thank you for replying Jason. Yes we have got a testing kit ...which my husband is using ...but as of yet the water isn’t ready for fish ☹️. The fish tank has been set up for 2 weeks now but cos it’s quite a big one it might take a bit of time. Think we’ve just got to be patient.

Lin