Hi, I'm New Here!

mixing discus of different sizes

Hello,
    I am new to this forum and to the world of discus. I have had aquariums for many years and was more interested by the plants than by the fishes until someone gave me 3 superbs discuss since he had to get rid of his aquarium. Although I knew a little about discus I never considered getting them mainly because of their prices. Now, every day I am constantly admiring them... I have a 60 gallon tank very well planted populated initially with Rasboras. I have this tanks for the past 10 years and the tank is very well equilibrated from a biological standpoint. I have a Eheim filtration. nothing fancy.
    Since I have only 3 large discus I was considering adding 2 more as often recommended in what I have read to have a school of 5 fishes. My question here is simple: Can I mix larger discus with smaller ones. for examples can I mix 5" diameter discus with 2.5" discus?

best regards,
    Francois, London, Canada

Larvae
    As far as I'm aware you should be fine. Quarantine them first (of course). Maybe you could add three to share around any aggression a little more? Four would end up being too many for that tank size I think.
    Ben