I purchased 20 discus 2 inch from a store called theifishstore.com They all arrived in great shape some were 3 inches in size and i ordered 2 inch.. They passed quaruntine and i put them into my 135g tank, With 5 of my adult discus. "i planned to move some to a 100g tank i have later on" Anyway, within a week my adult discus started getting sick. At first it was just some minor fin fraying, but then litterally when the lights are off overnight and i turn them on the next morning the fish went from fine to his skin melting off and no it isnt ammonia lol. The skin will look fine then when the lights are off it falls off in chunks !!

Ive lost 3 of my adults so far to this. One recovered quickly only getting dark and heavy slime coat. 2 that died died weird.. their eye sunk into their heads like ive never seen before and they look wasted like they havent eatin in months.. They litterally went from normal looking to so skinny i could see all the bones and when they breathe i could seen the skin flapping on their nose.. How is that possible in just 3-4 days. The 3rd who died, was eating fine, but just had a huge open sore and died later on. Now my 5th discus my white one whove ive had for 6 years... is suddenly getting skinny too, and has a huge open sore scales falling off like the others..

I have tried all kinds of medication i shotgunned the hell out of my tank $200 worth of meds.. Nothing works.. I tried raising the temps from 80-82 to 90+ but my 2 300w heaters could only bring the tank to 89-90f. But doing so i lost 10 neons after 4 days and some diamond tetra so i stopped. I also used malachite green and furan 2 daily doses with water changes of course for 1-2 weeks. Nothing worked.. I have been doing daily water changes and that isnt working either. And what i dont get is the disease doesnt seem to take hold until night when the fish are sleeping. Now the new discus i got are getting sick. Yesturday all 4 of my Yellow discus 3-31/2 inchers were fine, eating, swiming schooling like normal discus and i turned the lights off. I turn them on today and boom one of them is nearly dead. Half of his head the skin/scales look like they are going to fall off soon, hes bleeding in his mouth and one of his gills. This wasnt the same fish 10 hours ago.

This happend the same way to the others.. Lights on, fish fine, lights off they look almost dead. They seem fine the day after it happens with the lights on, i turn them off and the next morning they get even worse. To be honest im thinking of NOT turning the lights off. At least keeping on one..

I dunno what else to do.. the disease happend at lower temps 79-82f and it happens at higher temps so temperature doesnt seem to do anything.. However i couldnt get the temps higher then 89 or so. I took the yellow white discus and put them in my 5.5g betta tank and i i put a 200w eheim jager heater in there and it can go to 93f max. The temps are 95f right now. I bought some general cure with metro and prazi and im dosing that with furan 2 and malachite green.. Im shotgunning every kind of medication i can get with really high temps.. At this point it doesnt matter because not doing anything causes the fish to die.. doing something they die anyway so i might as well try..

Also i bought a microscope and scrapped off a scale and flesh from the white discus, 100-1000 magnification and looking for over an hour i couldnt find any parasites.. I thought this was costia but i could see anything other then clear oval shapes thousands of them.. which i think was just blood as fish blood is oval shaped. But who knows.

Here is a picture.

What the F !! am i dealing with here.. I called and have been emailing frank from this store for weeks and he will be sending me 6 adults to replace mine that died.. but still !!! I was attached to my fish.. new fish wont fix anything, and it seems even his fish can get sick from it as well.. I know his fish had it.. my adults were fine for yearsssss, even if i stressed the piss out of them by swapping substrate or tanks or whatever they never got sick.. He claims his fish have nothing but thats BS why would mine catch this once i introduced them.. Hes trying to cover his own ass, but at least hes nice enough to give me $500 in fish for free. Ignore the white mark on this orange ones gill thats just flake food as i was feeding them when i took this pic. But notice the HUGE open wound ? and if you look down you can ssee a whitish patch of skin forming.. overnight that would fall off to look like the big one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sick discus.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	21474