Just an Egg

Aqua medic reactor query

I’ve planted my Cade 1500 Discus tank and have been doing a fishless cycle. Purchased an aqua medic 1000 reactor for the CO2 equipment. When first installed the aqua medic chamber was always full of water. Since a water change, every time I turn the CO2 on the reactor chamber drains of water and just has a continual flow through of water rather than being full of water. Have tried to research this but can’t find an answer. New to planted tanks and CO2. I’ve bled the chamber of air a number of times but this ultimately makes no difference. Is this how the reactor is supposed to work? Cheers for any help in advance

Sorry Krissy I can’t help with that. Do you still have you instructions on how it should work?
    Why me ?

Just an Egg
    Thanks for response Steve. I’ve been lucky, the guy I purchased my aquatic plants from is a professional fish breeder of natives. He solved the problem for me! It’s called ‘my stupidity’, lol. Had the adjuster too far open so it was sucking air and dumping a whole load of CO2 in tank. Thankfully solved before I transferred the discus - they are very happy in their new home. Now I’ve got an aquatic caterpillar to contend with which is destroying my plants - about to research this as he’s told me to use Yates Natures Way Caterpillar Killer but I’m a bit apprehensive about just chucking pesticide in. Will start a post for planted members if can’t find answer on here or google.

Wrigglers
    Krissy DO NOT PUT CATERPILLAR KILLER IN YOUR TANK that will kill your discus or make them very sick .