Hi, I'm New Here!

Sinking, gasping for air

Hi friends,

A while back I was having parasite problems with one of my discus. Thread here:

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/sh...-for-treatment.

It took over a month to treat but in the end she was as good as new. She has been living in the community tank for a few months now, everything going fine. Yesterday morning she ate well and everyone looked happy. When I came home at the end of the day she was laying completely on her side at the bottom of the tank gasping for air. I put her in a hospital tank with 1tsp Epsom salt/40L + API general cure and an airstone.

Water parameters in the community tank are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 40ppm Nitrate (I know... working on it) Temp: 32C, pH: 7.4 (they are Stendker so bread to be in high pH water).

I have no idea what could have happened or what to do now. She looks miserable. Here is a video of her current status: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D1e...ew?usp=sharing

Does anyone have a recommendation on what I should do?

Many thank in advance,
    Brandi

Hi, I'm New Here!
    Dear friends,

Unfortunately, though unsurprisingly, she has passed. I would still appreciate any ideas you have on what would cause such behavior.

Many thanks,
    Brandi

Wrigglers
    Sorry Brandi to hear about your discus , some time we loose fish really without knowing why ,but my guess is that your nitrate being 40 ppm stress the fish and lowers their immunity and that opens the door for different parasites to attack ,also remember that 32 c is high for discus normally ,i have mine at 28 c ,i only use 32 c if i need to push them to it when they are sick , there is less oxygen in the water at high temperature and more difficult to bread for the fish ,sorry.