Just an Egg

Red face Krissy’s New Cade Altumate 1500 Journal

So last month I travelled down to beautiful Lennox Head NSW for a holiday and on way home collected my Cade Altumate 1500 cabinet. It was naturally all crated up so I couldn’t look at it until I’d made the return journey home to the NT. They are extremelywell packed and boxed up - kudoos to Cade, awesome piece of equipment. The tank itself should arrive mid next week 😅

I’m planning on putting filter wool and sponge in the top two tiers of the sump basket in-filter, maxspect bio balls in the next tray and a continuum Bakki brick in the bottom basket. In the second chamber I’m planning on a refugium with pothe or java fern - haven’t quite decided which. I have a 6500 kelvin light compact fluoro for the refugium so hopefully that will be sufficient for whatever does end up in there. In the third chamber I’ll have two more bricks or possibly porous rock as suggested by Sayid. The pump is a Fluval Sea sp2 (thinking I maybe should’ve got a sp4 but we’ll see). It’s a wet or dry pump so I plan to run as a dry making the most of the chambers.

Decided to do a journal on it as I’m sure there will be some trials and tribulations! Will try and post pics but I’m not real good at it. Okay that’s it, rabbited on enough. Cheers to the first chapter of journal! 🍾

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA6AC62C-5AB1-4AF6-AB36-4CBFEC47A6DA.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	21455
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9338A83E-7397-4751-B780-3D42B715BF2A.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	21456

Hi Krissy!
    I'm excited to follow your journey with this, the cabinet looks lovely and the sump looks technical lol Ive only just got use to canister filters and I thought that was technical enough!
    How many liters is the tank going to be? Cant wait to see photos of the full set up

Wrigglers
    Hi Krissy;
    It looks all exiting and i am happy for you ,to be honest with you it little bit above my head but your enthusiasm make me think that you will overcome any difficulty you come across , just take your time cycling and get the tank ready and keep us informed with pictures .

Just an Egg
    Hi Sabrina, thanks yes, very exciting! Aquarium is 840 litres in total with 790 L in tank and 50 litre sump. Thanks Sayid. Will do re photos
    Last edited by Krissy; Mon Apr 16, 2018 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Forgot to respond to Sayid

Lovely tank ..... Cade’s are great ����
    "If it isn't a wild its way too mild ! "