Thread: My Discus 2018

Red face My Discus 2018

Hi all,
    Thought id start a new thread as the other thread applied to my old Discus from over 12 months ago..

So I have started to keep discus again this year, I had a break for 12 months as I settled into my new home. But of course you cant stay away from these magnificent creatures!
    I now have 2 four foot tanks, I have set them up exactly the same way as you will now see in the photos below. One is a grow out tank for my baby discus and the other a display tank for my adult & sub adult discus. I will be purchasing 3 more baby discus in the next week to join the two I already have in the grow out tank, they will all be brothers and sisters, and just for your information, these babies are from my old discus Red whom I sold over 12 months ago, so I am over the moon to have his spawn!! Last night I picked up my new discus from my friend who is retiring from the hobby, they are still taking time to settle into their new home today.. I am so so excited to be back in the discus game!! Any advice or help at this stage is welcome, please tell me what you think of my set ups so far..

Grow out tank: 2 baby discus, 6 Cories and 10 Neons..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180307_112938.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	21448
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKO8k56VJBU

Display tank: 6 discus, 6 Cories..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180307_112945.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	21449
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbr7grujysc

No idea why my photos are turing out upside down guys, there is also a youtube video of each tank under the photos for you to watch

Australia is of course upside down for us Brits lol, lovely tanks Sabrina
    Why me ?

You also have some super nice fish Sabrina. My advice for the grow out tank would only be to remember that water quality is the biggest consideration. Bringing the small fish on with a heavier feeding schedule means lots of mess to clean up or water quality goes downhill. For me, I would have left it bare bottom (BB) its just easier to see everything. But you have lots of room to grow your fish out so good work and good luck with your lovely fish.
    Why me ?

lol I guess we are a bit topsy tervy to you Brits

Thank you Hollowman, yes I could have gone bare bottom but I didn't, between cleaning everyday and the Cories I think it should be ok though

Cories are a great clean up crew for sure... but they poo too.
    Why me ?