Wrigglers

cloudy spot in the middle of the eye

Hi Every one;
    Now this is my biggest eruption about 6" (16 cm) ,over 2 years old ,so about 3 month ago he got a sever fin rut which very quickly changed to head standing ,transferred him to a Q tank ,lot of fresh water ,1% salt then 3 course of minocycline total 18 days and he was good apart from not eating and both eyes have small white spot in the middle.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180305_220902_resized.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	21445 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180305_220946_1520307465529_resized.jpg 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	21446 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180305_221211_resized.jpg 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	21447
    Next step was to treat with metro 10 mg per liter for 11 days and prior epsom salt , always 7 days of rest between each treatment,so here we are ,every thing looks fine apart from very weak appetite ,in the Q tank he ate white worm but nothing else ,some time i think he is blind because he bumps to glass and things ,he is transferred to the display tank now till the next treatment , i suspect that he still has an infection and i have ordered Furan-2 and Kanaplex ( kanamycin ) 0n line which today has arrived ,the plan is to treat him with a combination of furan-2 and kanamycin for 5 days as a last resort.
    Please let me know what you think /any other suggestion .
    Thanks

Hi Sayid,

That's such a shame as it is a nice looking fish. Generally cloudy eyes are associated with poor water conditions and a bacterial infection so if it had a bout of trouble previously, then this might be a related condition. Seems like you are doing all you can to get it back to health, normally head standers are difficult to get back to normal again so good work.
    As you have treated with several methods so far and it still has these white spots in the eyes ( I am assuming they are under the outer lens ) I am thinking the damage is too far gone and it has some degree of blindness. This could also be the reason it isn't able to eat so well. A bit like us humans with a cataract in both eyes. See what happens after the next round of meds and report back. Good luck my friend.

Steve
    Why me ?

Sorry to read this Sayid, what a stunning fish. Sounds like you are doing everything you can for him. Good luck hun

Wrigglers
    Thanks Sabrina and Steve both for kind words ,i am still waiting for him to be detoxed from previous lots of antibiotics and as i typing i look at him and he looks a picture of a happy and healthy discus apart from the eye and lack of appetite, i will start the medication in about 5 days and i will report the progress .

Wrigglers
    Sorry i forgot to answare your question ,the cloudy spot is either on the outer surface of the eyes or from the outer surface of the lens to about 0.5 mm inside the outer lens but definitely not inside the eye ,it is a bit difficult to see .