Hi every one ;
The story is that i have had gill fluke at various degrees as long as long as i remember , well i put up with it and when it becomes too much i usually treat the tank with pp at the rate of 2mg/liter and it reduces the number and makes the fish breath better till next time,well this time i like to eradicate fluke if i can ( big big job ) !!!!!
about 8 weeks ago i decided to do this using praziquantel so i treated the whole tank ( BB with a few plant pot ) 100 mg / 20 liter day 1, 2 , 3 and rest day 4,5 , 6, and 7 for 3 weeks , that means 9 treatment over 21 days to break the cycle of eggs and fluke both ,well i thought it has worked but i saw one act of flashing and now my fish at least 2 of them breath fast about 120 per minute .
I know that Andrew Soh in his book mentions treating Q tank with pp 4 hours on day1 , 4 , 8 ,12 , 16 and rest in between in display tank ,i know that hollowman is very familiar with andrew' s work .
Steve if you have any views regarding getting rid of gill fluke for good using pp please let me know especially the detail implementation of keeping the filter alive .i have 15 adult fish and 12 corys , q tank 80 liter , disp tank 200 l ,disp tank 500 l
Please let me know what you think.
Thanks
Sayid